Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
matdel
Paper Tape
Views: 37,094
Message 1 of 34

Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro USB not working

Dear all, probably after the last WINDOWS 10 update my USB ports don't work anymore. I see them correctly in the device manager but it seems like they are off (for instance, I plug my external mouse and it doesn't work). 
I've already tried to change power settings disabling the suspension for energy saving) and I've checked that the BIOS is the last one. I've also tried to unistall and reinstall USB ports but noting changed.

Does anyone have any suggestion?

Best regards,

Mattia

pbhaal
Paper Tape
Views: 37,013
Message 2 of 34

Re: Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro USB not working

Downgrade your bios (you may upgrade it afterwards)

matdel
Paper Tape
Views: 37,010
Message 3 of 34

thank you. where can I find previous versions?

pbhaal
Paper Tape
Views: 37,355
Message 4 of 34

maybe you already have it - windows c -> bios folder

A6CN56WW is the older version; if not look for this on-line
CaptainMojo
Paper Tape
Views: 36,651
Message 5 of 34

I just fixed this problem on my Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro 1370 laptop an hour ago 12/14/17.

Running Windows 10 and updated the BIOS to the newest version. . . this fixed the issue for a couple of days.

Avoid the fools online that all say the same things and don't know what they're talking about but just have to comment anyway. . . my favorites are "Turn on USB Ports in BIOS" well, this is stupid because there is no setting for USB ports on/off in BIOS. . .just BOOT FROM A USB PORT. . .very different.

The second dumb answer is "Downgrade BIOS. . .find old version somewhere online" this too is completely false.

Here's the solution to the Yoga 3 and possibly other laptops. . . .

1) OPEN DEVICE MANAGER

2) Click the 'View' menu item. . .select VIEW DEVICES BY CONNECTION. . . select VIEW HIDDEN DEVICES

3) Right-click on EVERY single entry and select "UPDATE DRIVER"

4) Choose CHECK ONLINE FOR DRIVER UPDATE.

Despite Lenovo Service Bridge/Diagnostics and Windows Update telling everyone that everything is updated they are wrong. . .over ten items found updated drivers online. . . reboot and MANY problems solved.

If you REALLY want a Lenovo to run well then delete your restore partition or just never, ever use it. . .all of the crap Lenvo installs is ridiculous and causes tons of problems.

Now and only now does this system work very, very well.

Captain Mojo!

matdel
Paper Tape
Views: 36,587
Message 6 of 34

Hi Capitain Mojo,

unfortunately as you said te updating bios fix is just temporarely. Today the problem reoccurred again. Now I tried to update again but also the battery charging doesn't work and so I can't update it.

I'm gonna try yor updating driver solution.

In your opinion, should i remove recovery partition and everything should be allright?

Is enough to delete it from disk management?

Best Regards,

matdel

pbhaal
Paper Tape
Views: 36,579
Message 7 of 34

Well, I admire Captain Mojo's confidence but the thing is: if my solution turned out only temporal then my guess would be that the same will be with his.

You have 2 options available:
1) if you require a quick solution but again possibly a temporal one - upgrade your bios back again and that will solve it (up-to-date version of bios is available on lenovo site)

however

2) if you require a true solution - after you upgrade your bios: check, first, your adapter and, second, your motherboard. This lenovo model is extremely faulty and its adapter is even worse. There is a huge chance that your adapter is malfunctioning and you ought to swich to another one. If the former is true there is a chance that it already did some harm to your motherboard (which is not without guilt itself).

Out of three yogas 3 pro I had a chance to deal with all three had exactly the same problem as yours (usb not working + battery drain/charging problems). All three required hardware inspection.
matdel
Paper Tape
Views: 36,576
Message 8 of 34

Thank you very much for your suggestion. I'm gonna check if there are really hardware problems. It's a pity because thisi is a very good computer for my usage but these problems are really freaking me out.

Have a nice day,

matdel

HumanityFirst
What's DOS?
Views: 36,404
Message 9 of 34

Problem occured after recent upgrade to Windows10 Creator I believe!

My daughter used this laptop without mouse - so problem was apparent until I used the laptop & I cannot live without a mouse - I tried the updates - uninstall, reinstall all to no avail - there was no power on the usb ports!

In the end the dreaded update of bios was all that was left to try - and lo behold it worked - 

So I went to Lenovo support site, punched in my serial and downloadede the bios - in my case it was A6CN58WW and everything started working on the usb ports!

Good luck - I wasted a couple of hours on this!

pburk
What's DOS?
Views: 35,493
Message 10 of 34

Hi
My USB ports suddenly don't work - I used a charger I had to buy online because I had left mine at home. No idea if this had anything to do with this. I see that you suggest downloading BIOS - I am no techy at all. How does this work and what do I have to do exactly? I tried uninstalling and reinstalling / updating drivers but that did nothing to help. Trying to reach Lenovo support is absolutely hopeless. Have to say Lenovo post-sales service is really crappy (this is what my IT consultant said - he thinks it's a hardware issue, did not try BIOS download).
Would much appreciate any help you can offer. Thank you!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors