Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aqueria
Paper Tape
Views: 4,447
Message 11 of 34

Re: Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro USB not working

This is unacceptable considering what we have paid for this laptop... and obviously this is a major developing fault judging from the 1,100+ views of your post and the countless other on alternative channels... In any case thank you for your support.

aqueria
Paper Tape
Views: 4,446
Message 12 of 34

This is totally unacceptable considering the price we paid... This is obviously a development issue judging from the 1,100+ views of your post and the countless other searches on alternative channels.. Lenovo shpuld have recalled and repaired the problem... In any case thanks for your advise.

Lecky
What's DOS?
Views: 4,275
Message 13 of 34

Well, thank you all for posting, I had the same issue, usb ports not working. I took your advice, updated the bios (from 38 to 58) and the problem was solved, so thanks again!

TimSr
What's DOS?
Views: 3,879
Message 14 of 34

This is the only thing that worked for me, and I tried all the other suggestions first.  I had the problem 4 weeks ago, and I downgraded the BIOS, and it fixed ithe USB ports, at least temporarily.  Came back last week, so I upgrade the BIOS, and the port works work now, again.  We'll see how long it lasts.

pbhaal
Paper Tape
Views: 3,856
Message 15 of 34

Guys, happy to see my solution works for you all but as I said -> BIOS upgrade/downgrade is probably a temporal solution. Please consult Lenovo service to see if there no serious hardware issues with your machines.

HumanityFirst
What's DOS?
Views: 3,844
Message 16 of 34

Well the bios update resolved the isuue somewhat but the usb issue became intermittent and finally it became clear it was due to a bad charger!

I have replaced this with a new charger and this has stopped surges into the usb ports, which caused the usb port failures,  and everthing has been working fine for the last few months.

Look at your charger and see if the usb charge connector on Power supply looks worn or have issues of not charging due to worn out connectors on the charging connector.

Good luck

Scoobi
Paper Tape
Views: 3,825
Message 17 of 34

Hello CaptainMojo

Thank you for sharing and advice. I did what you suggested but still the USBs are not working. What would you recomend or think is the problem.

Not : I had a the same problem with external speakers "logitech" , but one day they were not working and second day they did. Now I tried two of my external hard drives, and I'm not getting any response.

Thanks much for your time and support.  

qofmiwok
Punch Card
Views: 3,732
Message 18 of 34

Re: Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro USB/charging not working

Got a yoga pro 3, worked fine until a windows 10 update last year then had constant problems with usb mouse and charging.  Bought a second one, within days had the same problem.  Hunted around until I found some suggested fixes.  1. Turn off fast start.  2. Make sure USB devices aren't set to power save.  3. Remove and reattach battery.  That worked on both computers.  

Now suddenly the problem is back on both computers, and that solution does not work.  It is not possible it is a hardware problem that would happen to both at once.  (Also 2 different power cords have been tried.)  

So what changed in this latest Windows 10 update that broke it again and now requires a different fix?

I did update to the latest BIOS and that did not work.

arash-yassi
What's DOS?
Views: 3,683
Message 19 of 34

JUST HOLD 30 SECCOND POWER BOTTEM AFTER SHUT DOWN.EVERY THING WILL BE OK AFTER DO THIS PROSIDURE

arash-yassi
What's DOS?
Views: 3,682
Message 20 of 34

JUST PUSH POWER BOTTOM AFTER SHUT DOWN FOR 30 SEC .I HAD THIS PROBLEM AND SOLVE WITH TISH TRICE.
GOOD LOCK

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors