Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fungel
Paper Tape
Views: 2,669
Message 21 of 34

Re: Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro USB not working

YES!! Fantastic - that did the trick for me Smiley Happy  THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THIS!!!  Smiley Happy

Do you know why/how this actually works?

This text in response to previous post

"JUST HOLD 30 SECOND POWER BOTTOM AFTER SHUT DOWN.EVERY THING WILL BE OK AFTER DO THIS PROCEDURE"

fungel
Paper Tape
Views: 2,668
Message 22 of 34

YES!! Fantastic - that did the trick for me Smiley Happy THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THIS!!! Smiley Happy

Do you know why/how this actually works?
qofmiwok
Punch Card
Views: 2,652
Message 23 of 34

Yes, the 30 second trick works fairly repeatably.  But telling someone to reboot their computer 5 times a day when it stops charging is not a solution!  What is the real problem?  Seems like some type of ground loop, but it is software related.  Never had this problem until a few weeks ago, then it happened to both of my Yoga pro 3's on the same day.

davidbann
What's DOS?
Views: 2,396
Message 24 of 34

I update my BIOS to the latest version (from 49 to 58) and it resolved the issue for me.

qofmiwok
Punch Card
Views: 2,081
Message 25 of 34

I already have 58.  My problem has gotten better but I still sometimes have to hold down the power button for 30 seconds.

Cammie69
What's DOS?
Views: 2,056
Message 26 of 34

Thank goodness i didnt **bleep** around with the bios settings... power off and hold for 30 seconds restored USB's Thanks a million

FBAS54
What's DOS?
Views: 2,000
Message 27 of 34

Muchas Gracias!!!

Tenia 6 meses con este problema, y habia probado todas las recomendaciones.

Ayer probe tu solucion y los puertos, continuan  funcionando.

Gracias de nuevo

BobBriscoe
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,860
Message 28 of 34

There is a very frequent problem with the Lenovo genuine charging cable (I have had to replace 4 in 3 years, even though I work from home so the charging cable shouldn't experience much bending cos I don't travel much).

In an earlier post on another thread, I reported that I had electrically tested a charging cable after a failure and found no continuity for the outer pins from one end to the other. I carefully cut open the insulation of a failed cable and found 2 ultra-thin copper wires and 2 thick wires within the cable and the thin wires were both broken (they consist of 8 hair-like strands each). I believe repeated bending often causes the thin wires to pull apart around the thick ones.

In turn, I suspect this often causes intermittent power spikes on the USB as the broken wires intermittently connect and disconnect. Then the laptop seems to shut itself off to protect itself. Once the laptop has shut itself off, even plugging in a new charger does nothing - no charging light, the laptop appears totally dead.

The solution in every case has been to replace the charging cable, then hold down the power button for more than 20s. The charging light should then come on and everything should be back to normal.

In the lead up to a total failure, I believe these intermittent power spikes have also caused backups to my external USB disk to fail due to excessive bus errors, which I found in the system log.

I use Ubuntu Linux (14.04 LTS, v4.4 kernel), so its possible that different symptoms appear with Windows.

The same cable is used for Lenovo Yoga 4, Yoga 3 Pro, Yoga 3 11 and Yoga 3 14. My laptop is a Yoga 3 Pro 3270.

Maryana88
What's DOS?
Views: 1,850
Message 29 of 34

The problem was resolved after I updated BIOS .

Thanks

lorella
What's DOS?
Views: 1,426
Message 30 of 34

SOLVED!!!!

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals