Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pippo90
Paper Tape
Views: 5,640
Message 1 of 9

Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro and Synaptics TouchPad Driver

The touchpad of my Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro is not working with Windows 8.1 or the newly installed Windows 10. It is neither recognised in the Device Manager, nor the Synaptics TouchPad Driver is listed among the installed programs in the Control Panel.

Moreover, when I try to install the latest verion of this driver obtained from the Lenovo website, I am warned that "A previous version of the Synaptics TouchPad Driver is installed.", and that I should remove it first before continuing. If I try to install this version anyway, the installation is apparently successful, but I still cannot use the touchpad (nor the driver seems to be installed anywhere).

What should I do to solve this annoying issue?

Many thanks for your attention.

wilkster
802.11n
Views: 5,545
Message 2 of 9

Re: Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro and Synaptics TouchPad Driver

Are there files in the "C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP" folder? i had an issue where I couldn't uninstall the synaptics driver via settings and had to do it manually from an administrator command line. I used the following command:

rundll32.exe "C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynISDLL.dll",standAloneUninstall

Once you have it uninstalled does windows update try to install a driver on its own?

Pippo90
Paper Tape
Views: 5,522
Message 3 of 9

Many thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, I have no Synaptics folder anywhere Smiley Sad

Heppie
Punch Card
Views: 5,511
Message 4 of 9

@Pippo90 wrote:

Many thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, I have no Synaptics folder anywhere Smiley Sad

Have you tried to install / update driver manually from the device manager?

1. Obtain latest driver from Lenovo for your laptop. The first step of Lenovo driver installer extracts file contents to selected folder on harddisc. When this is done cancel the program before the installation itself starts.

2. Go to device manager, section Mouse & Pointing devices, right-click on device representing your Touchpad -> update driver. Select 2nd option "search on my computer", go to folder to which you extracted the driver in the first step.

wilkster
802.11n
Views: 5,497
Message 5 of 9

From device manager, do you show a pointing device? Below is mine from a Y2P which should be similar. If you do you can try to uninstall (bottom option) then either use the Install funtion and do what Heppie suggested or you can uninstall then go into windows update and force a refresh, windows may download the driver as well (it did for me).

Click here to view image

Mod's Edit: Image(s) converted to link(s) due to size.  Images are limited to 100k size per forum guidelines.
            Please refer to About Posting Pictures for more information.

Pippo90
Paper Tape
Views: 5,480
Message 6 of 9

Many thanks for both your replies. Unfortunately, my device manager does not show any touchpad: it seems that for Windows the touchpad does not exist.

I have the feeling that it might be some problem related to my Windows Registry, perhaps some key regarding the Synaptics TouchPad which is missing. Do you know if there is some troubleshooting option for Windows to "refresh" all its drivers (without maybe formatting the hard disk)?

Heppie
Punch Card
Views: 5,475
Message 7 of 9

On the Yoga 2 Pro there is a hotkey, activated with <FN> and one of the F-Keys (F4 or F6, don't remember exactly). I guess the Yoga 3 Pro has something similar. Maybe you have inadvertently used this combination and disabled your touchpad. Please check this first. Please also check if you have any BIOS settings for the touchpad.

If the device (your touchpad) is not physically damaged and connected to the computer it has to be shown in the device manager. Maybe it is only shown in a different category "Other Devices" ?

Pippo90
Paper Tape
Views: 5,458
Message 8 of 9

Unfortunately, none of your solutions work: the TouchPad is does not appear in the Deviice Manager at all, and even using FN+DEL (which should be the corresponding combination for the Yoga 3 Pro) does not solve the problem. Since it is still under warranty, I will try to ask the retailer.

juliehuz
Paper Tape
Views: 4,030
Message 9 of 9

the hot key for the Yoga 3 is  [Fn][F6]...bud sadly that does not solve the problem either.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors