cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GC86
What's DOS?
Views: 127
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro - purchased in Aust - unable to charge in Cayman Islands with adaptor

Good evening all

I purchased a Lenovo Yoga 3 earlier this year in Australia and have since moved to the Cayman Islands. The Yoga has a standard 2 prong Australian charger which is 100V-240V and 50-60Hz. I have purchased 2 different international adapters which I have plugged into 2 different outlets at the hotel but my lap top does not charge. 

My dad suggested that I try plugging it into the hairdryer outlet in the bathroom as it may have higher voltage and that worked. I was also able to charge it by plugging it into an open socket that comes out of a clock at the hotel (pics attached). I'll be leaving the hotel shortly and am worried that I will not be able to charge my lap top in my new home. There are limited computer/electronics stores here. I'm not a very technical person so need your help, please!

The notebook is under warranty but Lenovo said there is no issue with the laptop or charger because it works in the hairdryer outlet and that they have not heard of this issue before. However, I understand that the charger is designed so that it can work with various voltages and it doesn't seem to.

Does anyone have any suggested solutions? The only one I can think of is to order a US charger as I understand they are the same shape and voltage as the Cayman Islands.

Many thanks in advance for your assistance!

Gemma

IMG_0677.JPGIMG_0675.JPG

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 124
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro - purchased in Aust - unable to charge in Cayman Islands with adaptor

Cayman islands use US type plugs, but I would expect an Australian charger would work with a simple plug converter.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors