Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fishlaw
Fanfold Paper
Views: 112
Message 1 of 1

Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro stuck in tablet mode

I booted up my Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro today, and it keeps going tablet mode during the Windows startup sequence-(he first time I booted it up after the extended waranty expired at the beginning of the month).  The keyboard lights briefly, but then goes dark and I can only login using the soft keyboard or number pad.  At times the screen will change to portrait mode, even though the unit is clearly landscape oriented, or will invert. 

If I open up the Lenovo vantage software it clealry showed that the keyboard light was shut off and the touchpad disabled-I could change both settings, but the keyboard still wouldn't work and the touchpad was in landscape and the screen was in portrait, so it was kind of unusable.  I have to rely on touchscreen and soft keyboard.

I did a reinstall of Windows, and it worked for about an hour before reverting to tablet mode only.

I have changed Settings to eliminate Tablet mode, to no avail.

I tried deleting the HID driver for selecting laptop/slate indicator, but it just reinstalled on the next start-up.

I disabled a service called ymc (ymc.exe) and it seems to work as a laptop-which is pretty much all I use it for, anyway.

Hardware sensor issue or software?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors