Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

5 Posts

03-09-2019

Chile

5 Signins

51 Page Views

• Views: 51
  • Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Yoga 3 : touchpad stop working on windows 10

2020-08-27, 3:42 AM

I installed ( from lenovo support site ) : the last BIOS, last mouse drivers ( Synaptics Touchpad Driver for Windows 10 (64-bit) - Lenovo YOGA 3 Pro-1370  ).

Copy manually de file : C:driversSynaptics Touchpad DriverSynISDLL to C:Program FilesSynapticsSynTP.

Disabled driver signature enforcement of Windows 10.

... worked for a while.    Maybe the problem is the regular update of windows 10 ?   I dont know.

A have spend tons of hours trying to solve the issue !

Any one with the definitive solution ?

Options

2250 Posts

03-11-2020

Greece

245 Signins

11491 Page Views

• Views: 11491
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Lenovo Yoga 3 : touchpad stop working on windows 10

2020-08-27, 11:34 AM

Hi Trol188,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

It would not surprise me if this was the Windows 10 update causing the problem.

I'd try to perform a roll back of the update or use a system restore point, but first I'd would go through a few more troubleshooting steps before ending on that point:

Step 1: Uninstalling the touchpad/HID device with drivers.

- Press the Windows key + X and select "Device Manager"

- Expand "Human Interface Device"

- Right click "HID-Compliant Touch pad" and/or anything that has eLan or Synaptics infront of it.  I.e :  "Synaptics HID Device".

- Select "Uninstall" , If prompted to uninstall drivers associated with the device, tick the box and continue.

- Expand "Mice and other pointing devices" and do the same for  "HID-Compliant mouse" and/or "PS/2 compatible mouse.

- Perform a restart of the laptop. 

Step 2: Updating System Board Drivers:

Try to download and install the newest Chipset, Serial I.O and Management Engine Interface drivers for your device:  

You can find and install the newest drivers from the Lenovo Support Page

Just plot in the serial number for your device and hit enter, might have to hit it twice. Then head to Drivers & Software then Chipset section

**Note: Make sure the AC adapter is connected and that you have at least 30% battery charge when performing this update.

Step 3: Rolling back to a previous Win 10 Version :

- Open the Windows 10 Settings Menu by clicking the gear icon in the Windows Start menu, or by pressing “Windows+I” keys.

- Click “Update & security”

- Click the “Recovery” tab on the sidebar.

- Under “Go back to the previous version of Windows 10,” click “Get started.”

- If this is not available, then there should always be a "restore point" you can choose from "System Recovery"

- Click the Windows key and type "System Recovery" and click "Recovery" in the list.  

- Select "Open System Restore" - Click "Next" and select the latest "Restore point" where the device was working.

**Note: System Restore Point will only remove Apps and Programs installed after the selected Restore Point date. It will not remove word/text files or pictures etc.

Step 4: Disable Automatic Hardware drivers update

- Right click the Windows Icon, select the "Search" Function.

- Type "Control Panel" and select "Small icons" or "Large Icons" in the "View By" top right.

- Click the "System Icon"

- Navigate to "Advanced System Settings" -> "Hardware"

- Click "Device Installation Settings" and Select "No"

**This will prevent Windows from interfering with your hardware drivers in future updates, but keep crucial security updates rolling.

If all else fails, then the most definitive solution is to perform a Factory Reset of the device, as we have no idea where the Windows update messed with the drivers:

Step 5: OKR - One Key Recovery

**This is a complete factory reset of the computer

**Loss of data can occur, so we advise you to backup your data if possible.

- Completely shut down the device.  

- Press the Novo Button :  It is the small reset hole on most devices that you need a unfolded paperclip to reach. You can also find out where it is at the support page under :

Knowledge Base & Guides -> User Guides -> And clicking the User guide(Not HTML one) in the list -> Ctrl+F to search the document for "Reset" and/or "Novo Button" / "Novo Hole"

- When the system boots up, a menu will appear, select System recovery and follow the recovery process.

- When entering the OS Environment (Windows) Perform step 4 again before making any Windows Updates.

Hope it works out!

Regards

Voithos

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them with a Kudos!!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Please don't ask me questions by Private Message; questions belong in the forums.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms