Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mturkeri
Paper Tape
Views: 102
Message 1 of 1

Lenovo Yoga 300 11IBR 80M1 64 GB EMMC - SSD Installation

Hello,

I have a Yoga 300 11IBR 80M1 with a 64 GB emmc hard drive on it. After the warranty period, I just opened the back cover of the computer and I saw that there is a soldered SATA slot on it. Then I bought a flex cable which has 5C10J08424 product code. I also bought a Samsung Evo 860 250 gb ssd drive and tried to connect it to the SATA slot.

When I connected the hard drive, bios does not recognize any hard drives (including 64 gb emmc) and it automatically gives an error of "no bootable device available". I should state that, the new sdd is cloned from the original emmc also it is UEFI bootable just as the original one. When I used the recovery button on the right side of the computer (and enter the bios of the computer), I see no hard drive is available in both main page and boot order section. I also checked it with Gparted software; got the same result.

When I unplugged the SATA drive but not the cable, the system goes back to normal (i.e. emmc is activated again).

I have three questions for this issue;

1) Is my product limited (so I cannot install an ssd drive) or it is disabled by Lenovo to install a sata hard drive?

2) If nothing is wrong in the hardware side (motherboard or bios issue), how can I perfectly install an ssd on the software side?

3) Or else, is my cable faulty (the optimistic outcome)? Then how can I buy a new and trusted one (such as an official Lenovo service)?

Thank you all in advance.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors