Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vix31
Blue Screen Again
Views: 383
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo Yoga 300 major storage issue please help

Hi I have the yoga 300 and bought it about a year and a half ago. I have only ever used it to write word docs and search internet.

all of a sudden the storage space is saying no memory.

i have deleted items and only have four word docs saved to computer. Please help. This is causing me huge frustrations and I cannot work at all. When I try to write in my saved docs it is not letting me save. What do I need to do? 

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 379
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo Yoga 300 major storage issue please help

Let's try the easy stuff first. 

Open File Explorer (WIndows-E) and right click on the C: drive. Select properties and, under the General tab, click on disk cleanup. 

Thumbnails, Temporary Internet Files and Downloaded Program Files should already be checked. Go ahead and tick the Recycle Bin box, too, then click on OK. 

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
Vix31
Blue Screen Again
Views: 364
Message 3 of 4

Thanks so much. I am doing that now. It is saying disk clean up is calculating how much space you will be able to free on Windows8_os and it says it will free up 26mb. Should I upgrade my windows? Silly question but scared I will lose my work if I do! 

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 353
Message 4 of 4

Rule of thumb is to always have your work saved in at least two other places. I've learned that the hard way over the years. Everything I deem important is in between 2 and 5 places.

If you're happy with 8, I'd leave it alone unless there are things in 10 you find you need. Surprised you managed to avoid all those Windows 10 upgrade nags Microsoft sent down the pike. 

How large is your C: drive to begin with? I'm guessing 250G?

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors