Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zawe
Punch Card
Views: 1,204
Message 1 of 8

Lenovo Yoga 500-14IBD Overheat

So lately my lenovo yoga 14ibd has been overheating like crazy my fans are usually pretty quiet but my temps are above 70C when browsing the internet, when playing games it reaches 90C in less then 5mins and makes me lag with fps like crazy it makes me go to 2fps for like 3secs the fans go to 100% then they go back to being super quiet but it overheats again and again i have to wait 3 secs to do anything this makes no fun out of playing games is there anyway i can manage the fans or the overheating please 

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,183
Message 2 of 8

Re: Lenovo Yoga 500-14IBD Overheat

Start task manager and see if something unexpected is runnimg

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Lenovo Technology Partner
Views: 1,130
Message 3 of 8

Hi Zawe, 

Have you checked if the vents are not clogged, you can do this by just putting you hand near the vents. Then try to feel if there's any hot air coming out. If there's no hot air blowing then the fans may be malfunctioning. You may also want to check if there's any BIOS update for the system. If the issue persist I would recommend calling Lenovo Warranty Support and have the system serviced. Prolonged high temperature is not good for the system. 

Hope this helps. 

Cheers,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudos!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"
Zawe
Punch Card
Views: 1,119
Message 4 of 8

This is interesting the left vent is blowing hot air out tho the right vent is not doing anything ? is that where the SSHD is located ? And how do i update my BIOS i found out my BIOS version i just dont know how to update it

Zawe
Punch Card
Views: 1,118
Message 5 of 8

it seems i have been blind im now paying more attention to this problem and found out the side where the vents are blowing air out is an ok temperature tho the right side is pretty hot  also it gets mostly really hot above the keyboard 

And another quick question the vents on the bottom those are used for blowing air in right ?

Lenovo Technology Partner
Views: 1,111
Message 6 of 8

Hi, 

Here is an image of the inside of the laptop. 

Yoga 500 Thermal.JPG

Before you update the BIOS, try updating the video card adapter of the system, Im not sure which model you have but, I would recommend downloading the latest drivers from Intel or Nvidia. If this does not help. You can download the bios from support.lenovo.com. Just input the serial number of your laptop and run the file, before running the file make sure you have more than 30% battery and plug in the ac adapter. 

Note: The system was desinged for office use, gaming has more demands and the fans on this system may not be adequate to cool down the system while playing. 

Cheers,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudos!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"
Zawe
Punch Card
Views: 1,100
Message 7 of 8

I have downloaded the latest drivers from Nvidia (for my gtx 940m) a long time ago and im updating them through the nvidia app

Also i bought this in the gaming section and i dont think this is an office laptop with a gtx 940m since that would be a bit pointless and even if it was a office laptop i dont find it normal for it to be at 60-70C doing nothing

Zawe
Punch Card
Views: 909
Message 8 of 8

Bought another laptop so it kinda solved the situation

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors