Did you mean: 
MLI
Paper Tape
Views: 174
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Yoga 500-14IHW cannot switch on

Dear All Technicians,

Laptop Type : Lenovo Yoga 500-14IHW

Symptom : The machine was suddenly shutting down and unable to switch on thereafter.

Steps have been done : Have unplugged the power supply and leave the machine for three days before trying to re

switch on. Nothing happened.

Plugged-in the power supply, there was light in the power button but still unable to switch on.

Pushed the Novo button. Nothing happened too.

Please assist me in top priority. There are a lot of important business documents I need to use in forthcoming days.

Thanks in advance. 

Guru
Views: 131
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo Yoga 500-14IHW cannot switch on

Try draining the residue power:

1. Press and hold down power button for 1 minute 

2. Connect the AC adapter

3. Press power button as you normally would to power up system.

If that doesn't help, I suggest disconnecting the battery, draining the residue power again, and connecting the battery again. Here's some reference on how to disconnect the battery: https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles_pub/lenovo_yoga_500_hmm_201504.pdf

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors