cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
digitalrubel
Fanfold Paper
Views: 600
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo Yoga 500 14ISK - OneKey Recovery does not work after installing latest update of windows 10?

Why OneKey Recovery does not work after installing latest update of windows 10?

I have updated windows today (14 Oct 2017). I think the latest version of windows 10 has been installed on my laptop now. After installing this latest version of windows 10, I am unable to make system backup using pre-installed OneKey Recovery Software in my Lenovo Yoga500 14ISK laptop.

An another issue is I found a windows.old folder in my system drive which is using approximately 15 GB. It is a very disturbing thing to me. It is appearing after installing the updates.

Can anybody help me with the above issues.

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,

Rubel Ahmed

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 563
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo Yoga 500 14ISK - OneKey Recovery does not work after installing latest update of windows

Hello and welcome,

I can't help you with your OneKey issue, but don't be disturbed by Windows.old.  It's an archive of your Windows install prior to your recent update - and it's entirely normal.

It's there so you can roll back Windows if you don't like the new update.  It should disappear on its own in 30 days but you can remove it manually if you like via Disk Cleanup.

https://www.howtogeek.com/223821/what-is-the-windows.old-folder-and-how-do-you-delete-it/

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

digitalrubel
Fanfold Paper
Views: 559
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo Yoga 500 14ISK - OneKey Recovery does not work after installing latest update of windows

Hello ,

Thank you very much for your reply. It solves my second issue. But a little question again on this issue :

How long The highlighted option will be apearing on Windows 10 to Windows 10 version 1703.

Sketch.png

It is appearing after upgrading windows.

And the First issue regarding OneKey Recovery System Backup is very very important for me.

Regards,

Rubel

Top Kudoed Authors