Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nstant
What's DOS?
Views: 1,402
Message 1 of 6

Lenovo Yoga 500-15IBD loud fan noise

Hi,

I got a problem with my laptop. The fan is making loud noise everytime I open a new window, a new tab, any setting window and so. I believe it is supposed to make this kind of noise when I'm stressing it with more programs running, not by simply open the files explorer... Any idea on what to do? (model is Lenovo Yoga 500-15IBD)

Thanks

Nstant

CompTIA
802.11n
Views: 1,368
Message 2 of 6

Re: Lenovo Yoga 500-15IBD loud fan noise

Hi Nstant, 

Most probably a program or App is running at the background cause fast spinning fan to cool down CPU temp. 

To figure it out, right click in your taskbar and from the opened menu click on task manager. 

-From top menu click on performance tab then click on resource monitor ==> from top menu click on CPU tab and look at to the Average CPU usage and see which App or Program is using a high percentage of your CPU capacity==> right click on it and end the process. 

Regards, 

**If the issue has been resolved please, mark me as solution provided to help others find the solution easily and click the Kudos.**

vno
What's DOS?
Views: 1,241
Message 3 of 6

Hi,

Did you resolve this problem? I plan to buy this laptop, but I dont want listen ANY noise when CPU temperature below 60 degrees.

I have Yoga 2-13 laptop. It has some problem, but I resolved it. Thanks to this community: 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-2-13-non-Pro-Incredibly-loud-and-rumb...

Did you try to install NotebookControlFanControl app?

Tomas-CZ
Punch Card
Views: 1,229
Message 4 of 6

I have same problem with my YOGA 500-15ISK (i7-6500U / 8GB DDR3 / SSD 256GB / nVidia 940M).

You can read my topic or many many others on this forum.

in short: it is standard behavior of yoga laptop series, fan speed behave depending on the cpu activity not on the actual temperature and Lenovo thinks it's perfectly OK and don't reacting to this problem..

I tried NoteBook FanControl, but it has different registry values and didn't work..

Tomas

Tomas-CZ
Punch Card
Views: 1,226
Message 5 of 6

@vno so there is definitely many turn-on&off fan speed noise below 60 degrees Smiley Frustrated

vno
What's DOS?
Views: 1,219
Message 6 of 6

Did you try other registry values?

May be to create a ticket and request vaue of the register at Lenovo support?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors