Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
spes
Paper Tape
Views: 120
Message 1 of 1

Lenovo Yoga 500-15ISK with only blank screen after poweron

Hello,

the warranty has expired on our Yoga 500-15ISK, so I wanted to change the HDD for SSD to boost the performance. I have opened the chassis and replaced disk by a new cloned one. Not only the machine doesn't boot, it even doesn't write anything, doesn't switch on the display and any ways to enter the BIOS are unsuccessful. The keyboard backlight works and after a while, the fan goes to the high speeds, but that's all, nothing else. So, I have put the old disk back and it doesn't work with old disk either. It also doesn't work even if there is no disk.

I have tried several things, from disconnecting the battery, reseating the memory, disconnecting the RTC battery, pressing the power button for tens of seconds.

A few months ago the laptop was serviced under warranty for the very same problem. That time, after the reboot following the Windows update(?), the laptop ended in the very same state without any physical intervention. The service wrote they changed the motherboard and the problem vanished. But, here it is again.

The problem is similar to this guy's:

https://superuser.com/questions/1146993/install-cloned-ssd-wont-boot-black-screen-only

(but, to me reverting back to the old disk doesn't help).

I would be grateful for any help.

Thank you,

spes

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors