Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rthomas17
Paper Tape
Views: 3,327
Message 1 of 14

Lenovo Yoga 500 Battery Life

I have a Yoga 500, battery drains from 100% to 5% in 80mins.   This is with it just sitting there doing nothing.  

Is this normal?   I sent it off for repair to Medion- it's come back with no comments other than it's been tested and everything is OK.   So - what's the average batter life - surely it should be up around 5 hours, not 1.5 hours?

rthomas17
Paper Tape
Views: 3,231
Message 2 of 14

Re: Lenovo Yoga 500 Battery Life

update - sent the laptop off again and came back again saying that it's working OK. The workshop reckon that 90mins is the expected drain time of the battery. SURELY this is wrong?
rthomas17
Paper Tape
Views: 3,195
Message 3 of 14

Please can someone tell me if they have a yoga 500 what they get out of their battery? I just need to know if it's the norm - I'm fighting a battle with Lenovo and Medion and I've got no idea if anyone else has the same battery life - please just post what you get out of your lenovo battery
mib2347
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,180
Message 4 of 14

Whilst I've never timed it 80-90 mins seems about what I get from my battery too. Luckily I don't go anywhere with my laptop so it doesn't bother me but the battery life is diabolical.

Seeing as you're also a yoga 500 owner and we both know how difficult it seems to get anything that resembles help on this forum, I'm wondering if you could assist me with my problem. The yoga 500 is listed online as having a 1080p screen, but the highest resolution mine will go to is 1366x768 (720p). Seeing as I've not been able to get any help from Lenovo would you mind checking to see what your resolution is please? I would really appreciate it. 

And if you're really feeling helpful I'd apprecaite it if you could run hwinfo and post what it says about your monitor here so I can compare. 

rthomas17
Paper Tape
Views: 3,174
Message 5 of 14

Hi,

Thanks for the reply - yes the forum is disappointing.  It matches the Lenovo serivce which has put me off their products for life - truely abissmal.   

I checked the website http://shop.lenovo.com/gb/en/laptops/lenovo/yoga/yoga-500-15/?sb=:000001D4:00050B1C:#tab-features

and it says “And with **up to 8 hours on a standard battery, you can go all day without recharging”  , so I'm asking for my money back under trades description.   If I ever get  a reply I'll let you know!

To be honest, the service for sending the laptop off for repair is pretty good - the problem is they don't actually do anything apart from reset to factory settings and send it back.   The report from the first repair said "software fault found".  I sent if off for repair again as nothing had changed and it also came back with "software fault found".  So, not much good fixing the first time.

I've just set my display to 1920 x 1080.   RIght click on desktop and set resolution.

I ran HW - the bottom line of the display report shows

[Supported Video Modes]
1920 x 1080 345 x 194 mm, Pixel Clock 138.70 MHz

Let me know if you want me to look at anything esle.

mib2347
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,161
Message 6 of 14

Thanks for checking. 

There really is no way mine would last anything close to 8 hours. Like I said I'm not worried about being away from my charger so battery life doesn't bother me. But I can appreciate why anyone else would not be satisfied with that. 

With regards to the screen, one of the reps said that some of the older models shipped with an inferior quality screen so mine is genuinely 720p. My only option is to return it and hope they can find me one that matches the advertised spec I paid for. 

mitsus748
Punch Card
Views: 2,860
Message 7 of 14

Hi,

i've your same problem. My battery life have about 1,5 hours of charge.

Have you solved the problem?

Best regards

rthomas17
Paper Tape
Views: 2,854
Message 8 of 14

I sent it back to lenovo twice. I also sent it to PC world repair centre. They said the battery was fine. I gave up and I'm just living with it, but I'll make sure I don't trust the advertised battery life again next time I buy. I should have taken it back to PC world within 14 days and just got my money back, instead of sending it off for repair. If you are within 14 days, I suggest you do that. 

pkryeziu
What's DOS?
Views: 2,809
Message 9 of 14

same battery problem here! I was recommended to do a calibration. Do you have an experience with calibrating the battery? It is taking me more than 12 hrs since the start of the process, and it is still not finished. Is that normal?

Highlighted
chapapak
Token Ring
Views: 2,796
Message 10 of 14

Provide more info please. Which specific model do you have? Windows version? What is your CPU model? Your battery rated Wh? When your laptop is idle what is your % CPU load?

I have Yoga 500-15ISK and battery lasts at least six hours.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors