Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KoceElanov
Paper Tape
Views: 1,204
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Yoga 500 Charging Port Problem *UNUSABLE*

Hello there,

I have a 14-inch Lenovo Yoga 500, and it seemed to be working perfectly fine until now, since the charging port is literally unusuable. To begin with, the issue was very minor and turning the cable around or moving it would fix the problem. However, as time went on, it became harder for me to plug the charging cable, because the laptop wouldn't respond. After a while, I realised that there was a sweet spot and I managed to cope with that, but the laptop would still cycle between charging and not charging which meant that the laptop was charging at a slower rate. Unfortunately, now it has become impossible for me to use my laptop, because I have to spend a lot of time playing with the cable in order to get my laptop charged, but the problem was that even the SLIGHTEST touch would interrupt the flow and the laptop would shut down. Now I think that there isn't a way that I can adapt to this situation, because it keeps getting worse... I read online and some people said that Lenovo can change the motherboard if the laptop is still in warranty, which unfortunately isn't the case here. So now, I'm quite stuck and unsure of what to do. I really would appreciate any help towards my problem and if you can tell me how much it would cost to change the motherboard, or fix it by an easier or more efficient way. 

Thanks for any help in advice,
Koce.

EDIT: I have also tried out different cables, but the result was the same.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,159
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo Yoga 500 Charging Port Problem *UNUSABLE*

Hi Koce and welcome to the community,

I don't know how you feel about disassembling your notebook to replace the jack, but it looks to me like the jack is separate and plugs into the motherboard, so you wouldn't have to replace the motherboard.

If you aren't comfortable with taking it apart, a local computer repair shop should be able to handle it.

Here's a video that shows where it is located and also shows the wires coming off of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTcaWa_VEig

Regards,

Dave

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors