01-30-2018 03:36 AM
So I booted my PC after an update the other morning and the keyboard and trackpad weren't working. I tested the brightness keys on my keyboard and they still worked so it couldn't be a hardware issue there, and my mouse still worked so it was just the trackpad that had something wrong with it. The trackpad has a driver error (code 10) but the keyboard says it's working correctly. Here's what I've tried in hopes to resolve the issues so far:
-Reinstalling trackpad drivers
-Uninstalling both trackpad and keyboard drivers then restarting
-Chkdsk on both drives
-A trick I read on these forums where you flip the device into tent mode, then after a few seconds flip it back round to laptop mode.
I am utterly confused as to what's wrong here as nothing has even slightly helped my problem. Any help?
02-27-2018 04:24 AM
Thanks for using the Lenovo forums.
Try a static discharge for this, it may help to resolve the issue or at least get rid of any built up static on the motherboard.
(If the battery is internal, please just skip the remove/replace battery steps.)
1. Turn the unit off
2. Remove the battery and the Mains adapter
3. Press and hold the front power button for 30 seconds
4. Replace the battery and the Mains adapter
5. Turn the unit on as normal
Otherwise, to rule out any software issue, you would want to perform a factory reset on the device, if the issue persists after this, then it will indicate a hardware issue.
Note: Please back up all your data as running this reset will delete any data on your machine
1. Turn the machine off and press the recovery button which is located usually next to the power button. If you have a desktop machine you will need to power the machine back on and keep tapping the F2 key.
2. Use the arrow keys and press enter on system recovery. ( Desktop users can skip this)
3. Select “restore from the initial backup” and then “Next”.
4. Click “start” and accept the warning messages.
Length of time can vary depending on the speed of the machine.
If these steps do not work I would recommend, that you call your local Lenovo support line for a possible service. Below is the link to the phone list where you can find these numbers
Hope this helps, let us know how you get on.
Did someone help you today? Thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.