Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lawrencesamson
Paper Tape
Views: 158
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Yoga 500 Shocks

The yoga 500 sends a tingling shock while charging if touched. I just sent it down for repair because it was under warranty. Can the charger be the culprit? At first it wasn't charging then after a few days it started charging again... The assumption from the start was a dead battery. Now that it charges, when I plug in the charger the screen flickers, goes off and comes back on with high display resolution.so I shut it down to put the charger in and then power on. And it stays normal. Is the charger the problem or the motherboard? The motherboard was just replaced. What's is the power specification of the power pack for the yoga 500 14, I mean output and input specification. Maybe am using a wrong power pack ? 

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 117
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo Yoga 500 Shocks

Hi lawrencesamson! 

Welcome to the Lenovo Community Forum! 

First of all, we're sorry for the trouble. As we were checking here, the AC adapter of the Yoga 500-14 comes with a 65 Watts and/or 45 Watts. See the full specs here https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles_pub/yoga_500-14isk_500-15isk_hmm_201509.pdf?CID=ww:leno... (check page 27). Could you take a picture of the specs of the AC adapter that come with the laptop and share it with us? 

Just to confirm, does the problem with the laptop (tingling shock) has already been fixed? If not, are you still encountering the same problem? For the flickering concern, please try updating the display driver of the laptop. You may also check this article https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht500364?CID=ww:lenovosocial:20x9m6 and try the provided troubleshooting steps. 

Regards! 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors