Did you mean: 
lokman90
What's DOS?
Views: 9,880
Message 1 of 33

Lenovo Yoga 500 cannot wake up from sleep

Hi All,

Need help from those who are facing the same problem 

Just bought Yoga 500 yesterday. Last night I used it untill the battery became 4% and automatically went to sleep mode. I charged it for 8 hours, as advised (that was my first time charging). 

However, the machine still  in sleeping mode when I press power button to wake it up. Anyone having the same problem or have the solution? I tried to search and asked MR GOOGLE, but could't find any answer.

Helppp... I need to prepare a very presentatation today. 

Thanks

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 9,685
Message 2 of 33

Re: Lenovo Yoga 500 cannot wake up from sleep

Hi Lokman90,     

Welcome to the Forums  

As per the query we understood that you are facing issue with system not waking from sleep in your Lenovo yoga 500 notebook.

Try to reinstall the energy manager and check for the issue.

Click here for the energy manager for windows 10.

Let us know the result.

Best regards,         

Ashwin.S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Wonderfg
Paper Tape
Views: 9,607
Message 3 of 33

Will try to download the energy fix after it wakes from sleep. Right now it won't wake. It had 59%battery power and I closed the lid. Power button just flashing and not responding. Any shortcut keys to start it. Tried to press and hold power button, Ctrl, Alt Delete not helping. PLEASE HELP
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 9,562
Message 4 of 33

Hi Hwaish,

Go to control panel or type power option in the start search, once the power option windows opens, select what the power button do option a setting windows opens inside the setting option select when the power button is pressed select do nothing in both battery and plugged in and check for the issue.

Let us know the result.

Best regards,         

Ashwin.S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Rachelw57
Paper Tape
Views: 9,505
Message 5 of 33

I have this problem too, please do not suggest changing any o/s settings or drivers as this cannot be done while the machine is still stuck in sleep mode!!

It has to be woken first and this is not happening

Does anybody have sensible suggestions to wake the machine ?
serg777
Fanfold Paper
Views: 9,485
Message 6 of 33

In my experience, need once press short power to sleep, when power lamp is blinking press one more short to wake up. If not help, reboot first(long press).

Rachelw57
Paper Tape
Views: 9,467
Message 7 of 33

Neither of these work, have also tried paper clip in rest hole, that does not work either.
Owendaleyy
Paper Tape
Views: 9,396
Message 8 of 33

I'm having the exact same problem. No solution yet!
Rachelw57
Paper Tape
Views: 9,348
Message 9 of 33

I eventually risked the warrant, took the rear cover off and disconnected the battery., all good again in yoga world.

I don't recommend this to anybody, I am an it engineer with 20 years experience so the message is if you don't know computers don't try it, get it done by a professional.

JZO
Paper Tape
Views: 9,263
Message 10 of 33

Hi,

The issue is still exist with the latest (25-12-2015 date) energy driver. The device cannot wake up from sleep. The only workaround to disable the sleep in the OS.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors