Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jdran
Blue Screen Again
Views: 346
Message 1 of 1

Lenovo Yoga 500 charger problems

A year ago I bought a Lenovo Yoga 500 from a retailer in Greece.
After three or four months it showed problems (like not powering up, or not starting up).
I had it fixed at a verified service agent in Greece for Lenovo (CPI) with no further explanation ( but they also deleted all my files without warning - very unprofessional! ) without taking any responsibility for this.

After five or six months, it showed the same problems again, so I gave it again to the same service store. They fixed it again. When they gave it back to me, there was a note: "The charger is from another Lenovo product and not from Lenovo Yoga 500 (it does not have grounding). The charger I have is similar to the following one:

The details of charger is Model Number: ADLX65SDC2A

Output: 20V 3.25A
No grounding

while my lenovo Yoga on the bottom it says 20V 2.25A

I asked them, why don't they provide me with the correct charger, and their reply is that I have to speak with the retailer who sold me the netbook. So I went over to the store and asked them to solve the issue. Their reply was that they could not cover the insurance (2 years) on chargers, but only for notebook parts. After my arguments and my disagreement with their approach, they offered me two solutions:
1) Either they will speak with CPI to find out what's going on or

2) They will give me a new charger with a 40% cut on the price.

I disagreed again, and finally they told me that they would unoficcialy swap my old charger with another one (used) with grounding ( claiming that they just doing a favor to me! ). I reserved to accept and swap the chargers as I found out that the new charger they wanted to give me were a 20V 3.25A and not a 2.25A as my netbooks claims it needs.

So, my questions are:
1) what is the right charger for my netbook? I don't think my ADLX65SDC2A (picture above) is for Yoga 500 but for ThinkPad!

2) what should I do? I don't think that it is leggit what they are going to do (they also want to avoid responsibility).

Sorry for my long post, please follow it to help me solve my problem quickly and thank you very much in advance!!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors