01-12-2016 02:25 AM
I have a Lenova YOGA 500 red laptop bought in september last year. Suddenly last night the keyboard on it stopped working as well as mousepad. Windows 10 is installed on it.
I couldn't get any work done, Can anyone advice me of the steps to take to restore the keyboard and mousepad.
Much appreciated in advance.
01-13-2016 10:22 AM
Welcome to community forums.
Have you made any changes recently on your computer? Are all the buttons on the keyboard not working?
Here are the things that you can try.
• Press NOVO button, you'll see there 4 options (Normal Startup, BIOS Setup, Boot Menu, System Recovery)
• Try to use the Arrow Keys on the keyboard, check if it works.
• If the Arrow Keys works select System Recovery.
• Once you're there check if the touchpad scroll is still working.
If it is working outside OS, but it's not working inside OS. I recommend doing BIOS reset.
• Press NOVO button, go to BIOS setup
• Press F9 (Load optimal defaults), then F10 (Save changes and exit)
Check if everything is working. Hope this helps!