Did you mean: 
IDtenT
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 337
Message 1 of 8

Lenovo Yoga 510 - 14IKB || Fan not available

Hello, Lenovo. 

I've got problem with unworking fan. For this moment I tried next things:

• Physical accurate cleaning of fan and surroundings from dust and suchlike things. Nothing prevents fan to move it's blades (huh, blades? I don't know how it's calling)
  • Checking connection and reconnecting fan from\to motherboard.
  • Reinstalling Windows back to the clear version.

• Installing all "recommended" drivers from your support part of website.
  • Updating BIOS to the newest version that you've offered for this laptop model.

• Second reinstalling of Windows but now not from Windows Settings, but from special .iso file from Microsoft's support website.
  • Always doing checking by Lenovo Diagnostic Tool. Also, I've tried to get something from sidepart apps like SpeedFan.

• Stresstest with expectation of reacting temperature sensors on overheating and turning on fan.

Laptop was bought from LenovoIsrael ~1 year and 2 months ago. One day (the last sunday, I think) fan just stop working and laptop, obviously, become overheating every time I'm doing some work on it. Now is the last night before really important exam for me and I can't prepare doing tests online for three days because of lags caused by overheating.

There is screenshot from Lenovo Diagnostic Tool. Also, I've added dxdiag (i dunno if you need this) and msinfo32. 

There was no alert messages like "I cannot run Win10 because of missing fan" or something like that. Laptop is just continue working as everything is ok.

lsc_lite_2018-05-24_02-20-23.png

IDtenT
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 259
Message 2 of 8

Re: Lenovo Yoga 510 - 14IKB || Fan not available

Really? You've just deleted my previous message but didn't react at all? **bleep** is with lenovo support here?
Guru
Views: 246
Message 3 of 8

Your previous message is visible to ME. If the fan's not working, best to just send it in before the overheating damages something. I wouldn't risk using it any further.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
IDtenT
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 236
Message 4 of 8

"Send it in" where?
Guru
Views: 224
Message 5 of 8

Contact Lenovo support (this is a peer-to-peer forum) and they should tell you. Here's what I found for Israel: https://www3.lenovo.com/il/en/contact/

IDtenT
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 206
Message 6 of 8

Actyally, I'm not in Israel, but in Ukraine (Odessa) now. That's why I need remote help. There is an authorized service center in Odessa "Inteh" but reviews in Google Maps are mostly 1-2 stars with comments like "they've damaged my laptop" or "they've replaced some details in laptop with the worse ones".
IDtenT
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 159
Message 7 of 8

So what?
Guru
Views: 153
Message 8 of 8

@IDtenT wrote:
So what?

I'm not sure what you're asking. I think everyone will agree you should not use the computer and risk damage until you find someone to fix it, preferably a Lenovo service center - especially if it's still under warranty. 

I wish you good luck.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors