Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Patey10
What's DOS?
Views: 2,963
Message 1 of 6

Lenovo Yoga 510 battery issues

Hi guys,

I bought new laptop - Lenovo yoga 510-14AST. I am a student and that's why I bought laptop with touchscreen. I also wanted to have a battery that handles about 6 hours of writing or surfing through the internet. They said that battery should last for 8,5 hours. But that's not my case. My battery runs only 2 hours, so I need to charge it a lot. Could you help me? Should I make a factory reset? I also tried to update all drivers. No change.

Every idea is appreciated.

Thank you for your time

Best wishes

thrazor
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,909
Message 2 of 6

Re: Lenovo Yoga 510 battery issues

Verify if Paint 3D is using the Nvidia GPU. Because it has a service which is running in the background and keep the Nvidia GPU active.
Patey10
What's DOS?
Views: 2,901
Message 3 of 6

No, I can't see that it is running in the background. But I made a reset of paint 3D, so it should not work unless it will be activated.
susiegq
What's DOS?
Views: 2,302
Message 4 of 6

I have had my Lenovo            Yoga 510 14ST for 6 months and I am currenty getting 1 hour of battery life...... help please as I am travelling overseas at the moment and am not able to use compueter as I should

London123
What's DOS?
Views: 2,222
Message 5 of 6

Bought the same model last week, and the battery does not last more then 1.5 hours ona full charge. Looking for a solution, otherwise will take the laptop back and demand my money back.

Patey10
What's DOS?
Views: 2,174
Message 6 of 6

What I got to know that video graphics isn't working well. Try to work with brightness. First lighten it up and then darken it. You will notice that on the last degree you'll see nothing at all on the screen. You have to update graphics drivers. It will help you to make 2.5 hours. Nothing more. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors