Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adarshpanicker
Paper Tape
Views: 93
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo Yoga 520 Display replacement

I have a  Lenovo yoga 520- 14KB laptop and its display is 14 inch full hd. The display is not good, so I am planning of replacing the display with a 4k display. I found one on Ali Express, but I have one doubt before ordering the display. Can I change the display directly or I will have to buy any converter/adapter as its a 4k display?

Thanks & regards,

Adarsh Panicker
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 53
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo Yoga 520 Display replacement

Hi Adarshpanicker! You can only convert video signals but not the pixels present in a screen. Base on the manual, the screen can only have HD or FHD. You can refer to this link: https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles_pub/yoga_520-14ikb_hmm_201703.pdf , page 79.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

adarshpanicker
Paper Tape
Views: 48
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for the instant reply. I know that there are only two types of display resolutions available for Lenovo yoga 520-14KB. But my question is whether If I remove the fhd one with a 4k 14inch display, will it work or not?. Link for the display is : https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32854073735.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.26023c00j6PWNS

Thanks & regards,

Adarsh Panicker
Thanks & regards,

Adarsh Panicker
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 46
Message 4 of 4

As mentioned earlier, your machine will only work for HD or FHD only.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors