ID

26 Signins

217 Page Views

• Views: 217
  • Message 1 of 4

Lenovo Yoga 530-14ARR WiFi constantly disconnects

2019-01-31, 11:11 AM

Hi,

Ever since I updated my wifi driver to 2024.0.2.101...12.0.0.720 (release on 17 Jan 2019), my WiFi connection constantly disconnects from my network and I have to manually disable then re-enable it from device manager or from network adapter windows in order to connect again. But after some time(in the same day), it will disconnect again.

I already tried many things:

• uninstall and delete my WiFi driver from device manager, then install the driver again
  • Fresh install my windows
  • uncheck the box for "Allow computer to turn off device to save power" on WiFi card properties
  • Set the power settings of the card to "maximum performance"
  • Switch my wireless router with the spare one

No luck after all of that.

The one thing I haven't tried is to revert back to the old WiFi driver, because I don't have the file anymore and I can't find it on the driver page for my Yoga.

Is there an archive page for old driver? 

Options

1782 Posts

12-13-2016

US

4510 Signins

43366 Page Views

• Views: 43366
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo Yoga 530-14ARR WiFi constantly disconnects

2019-01-31, 14:15 PM

More things to try....

Update your BIOS if you haven't already. 

Force your computer to only use the 5Ghz band

Set Roaming Aggressiveness to 3 or lower

Check Event Viewer for any WiFi related warnings or errors.

Rule out your routers by trying your computer at a coffee shop or other WiFi hotspot that's not in your home. 

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
Options

7 Posts

09-28-2018

ID

26 Signins

217 Page Views

• Views: 217
  • Message 3 of 4

2019-01-31, 17:54 PM

Thank you for your response.

• Already on latest BIOS (it looks like lenovo releases new BIOS on 10 Jan 2019 but retracted it, so there's no downloadable BIOS on the support page as of this moment. I have not download nor flash this BIOS, so my BIOS version is the one before this one)
  • Unfortunately I turn off my router's 5Ghz interface because of problems so I can't test this right now
  • Roaming aggressiveness (or roaming sensitivity level in this card) is already at low
  • Errors that I could find in the event viewer that is related with WiFi is RTWlanE (event ID : 5006) that states "Realtek 8822BE Wireless LAN 802.11ac PCI-E NIC : The version number is incorrect for this driver.". This one only happens on 26 Jan 2019, no other dates. The other error that I think related to WiFi is EapHost (event ID 2002) which shows up everyday
  • Like I already mention in the initial post, I already tried change my router with another one (I have spare router). With that 2nd router, it is still happen. So, do I still need to go to a public WiFi to test?
Options

1782 Posts

12-13-2016

US

4510 Signins

43366 Page Views

• Views: 43366
  • Message 4 of 4

2019-01-31, 18:26 PM

wrote:

• Like I already mention in the initial post, I already tried change my router with another one (I have spare router). With that 2nd router, it is still happen. So, do I still need to go to a public WiFi to test?

Yep. Need to do that to rule out everything else specific to your house or network.  If it works at Starbucks when there aren't many people there, then it's something in your network that the Qualcomm WiFi card isn't agreeing with. Or Vice Versa. 

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save