Options

1 Posts

10-21-2019

DK

1 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 1

Lenovo Yoga 530 - 14IKB 81EK (A.k.a. Lenovo Flex 6 14) - PAINFUL eyes after 30 minutes

2019-10-21, 17:42 PM

Hi,

I have spent a lot of time looking for a laptop which could meet my requirements. A week ago I bought this laptop and I love it, BUT the screen is giving me painful eyes just after like 30 minutes. I tried during the day, in the evening, to simulate different lightning conditions, tried to update BIOS and all drivers, playing with brighness, color setup, ... the same result. My girlfriend initially said that it can be it's only my perception, but then she tried to use it and got eye pain after like 30 minutes. I'm a programmer and she is a graphic designer, so we are used to spend like 10 hours a day in average behind a laptop, but we never get such a pain, as from this one, after like 30 mins.

I tried to check if the laptop has PWM flickering. I tried to record the screen with my phone, and compare it to my older work laptop (Lenovo T520), which I never get an eye pain or headache from. The recording revealed a lot of backlight flickering on my old work laptop (like when you display a page with Google results, there were a lot of horizontal lines moving vertically over white google background), but not really on my new one. When I look very detailed at the video from the new laptop, I can maybe see like a tiny flickering on the font displaying google results, but nothing in the background white). So why would this new laptop give us immediately such a headache? Resolution, size of the fonts are eqactly the same as the old laptop sitting next to it....

Anyone can help?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete