cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Harnik
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 517
Message 1 of 9

Lenovo Yoga 530-14IKB lags while charging.

Hi all, sorry for my bad english.

I have a problem with Yoga 530-14IKB with dedicated NVIDIA GeForce MX130. When I play games with the AC adapter pugged-in, the frame rate slow down after 30 seconds. When running on battery power there is no frame rate problem.

I have tried every possible solution in the power management settings, changed every percentage up and down, factory reset my PC and still lag.

armin-sandzak
Paper Tape
Views: 440
Message 2 of 9

Re: Lenovo Yoga 530-14IKB lags while charging.

Hi! I have the same problem with my Ideapad 330s-15IKB GTX1050 and I found what is the problem and probably it is that new version of BIOS has some mistake.

My laptop was sent to Germany for 10 days and I explained to them and wrote what is the problem and how it comes to it. When it is working on the battery, everything is ok, without any issues. As insert the charger, it starts to lag.

I searched for the solution of my laptop's problem and found this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iTk-vRyLGY

and I turned on Task Manager and saw exactly the same case, even in my case it goes 0.08 lower frequency. Here is also the link of the video which I recorded on my screen. I hope that someone could help us to solve this annoying issue, without sending again my laptop.
PS I didn't want to use this program which is used by the person on this video from YouTube.

Here is the video of my laptop https://we.tl/t-WL8y8i68nz
Harnik
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 426
Message 3 of 9

I don't want to use any program too. I think it's a BIOS problem.

I hope that lenovo can help us by updating the BIOS for our PCs. It is a very annoying issue. 

armin-sandzak
Paper Tape
Views: 398
Message 4 of 9

This problem started after updating bios, so probably if we could get a previous version, that would solve the problem  L. 

Harnik
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 393
Message 5 of 9

We have two different PCs, and I bought my PC last week... so, I do not know if a previous BIOS version did not present the same problem.

Do you know how to report te problem to Lenovo? We need a BIOS update!

armin-sandzak
Paper Tape
Views: 378
Message 6 of 9

I contacted Lenovo support chat, they told me to install Lenovo vantage center and than to turn of quick charging. It is ok now. But it charges slowly now  So surely it is a software bug hopefully it will be fixed soon 

Harnik
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 370
Message 7 of 9

I have quick charging disabled, and the problem persists. We need a BIOS update from Lenovo that fixes the problem.

armin-sandzak
Paper Tape
Views: 150
Message 8 of 9

I hope so. They should react fast 

Harnik
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 121
Message 9 of 9

Lenovo, help us!!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors