10-02-2019

ES

2 Signins

28 Page Views

• Views: 28
  • Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Yoga 530 touch screen not working

2019-10-02, 22:20 PM

I bought my Yoga 530 less than a year ago.
It used to work fine but every now and then a wild windows update appears and I lose the touch screen function. I have to go to a previous update every time to recover it, I've found no other way to solve it.
This morning another update came in and as usual, I lost the touch screen. I tried to recover it, but it failed in the process so I've been forced to do a full recovery. After that, the touch screen is still not working. I tried to disable/enable the driver. There is no driver. I tried to update the laptop and the drivers via lenovo vantage, apparently it's perfectly updated. I tried with the web and the LSB. Nothing. I tried to reboot in safe mode. More nothing. After all my struggle I tried a factory reset. And still nothing. Basically it says that the screen is incompatible with the touch mode and the stylo which obviously isn't true.
I've quite literaly tried every single solution I've found in the forums and I still have no real answer. The only thing remaining is to ask for a replacement.

Options

379 Posts

11-04-2019

PH

114 Signins

4667 Page Views

• Views: 4667
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo Yoga 530 touch screen not working

2019-12-04, 19:43 PM

Hi ,

Sorry for the late reply, 

The easiest way to tell if it's a hardware issue is by going into the novo menu and testing the touchscreen capability there. 

Try Booting into the OKR Environment or Boot to Windows Advanced Options

Boot to Windows Advanced Options

• Hold the Shift Key on the keyboard then click Restart.

• This should bring you into the Boot Options Menu. 

Choose the Troubleshoot Option by touching the screen to select it.

Check if it will respond with the touchscreen.

Booting in the OneKey Rescue mode or Windows Advanced Options will push the computer to use all inbox drivers and the touchscreen should work. If not then most likely you will have to replace the touch assembly

Hope this helps and let us know how it goes,

Jeremy

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebppl and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save