Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GiladA
What's DOS?
Views: 534
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo Yoga 700 11 Display Driver Issues

Display driver notification keeps showing up notifying me the display driver has stop responding. This happens simply when browsing with Edge and scrolling a web page. I ran windows update and looked for update drivers... the problem keeps coming back often. Very disapointed that this brand new PC running Windows 10 has so many issues out of the box. Lenovo should consider a recall.

MattDN93
802.11n
Views: 517
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo Yoga 700 11 Display Driver Issues

My solution is to ditch the horrible Lenovo driver and use the vanilla Intel drivers. They work just as well and you can even use the Intel Driver update tool to keep them updated. To do this, manually download a ZIP file of the latest Intel drivers from the support site here.

Once you've done that, go to device manager and manually overwrite the Intel HD 520 driver by choosing "Update driver" and "let me pick from a list > Have Disk". Then direct it to the *.inf file in the extracted ZIP folder you just downloaded. And vóila! You should be able to use Intel's Driver Update tool now as well and you'll be free from the dodgy Lenovo drivers and the crashing.

GiladA
What's DOS?
Views: 494
Message 3 of 4

Well i could do that but one must wounder why i would need to do this to a brand new PC that just came out of the box. Lenovo support claims this is not a wide spread issue which i find surprising and recommended a i refresh the machine. The machine is out of the box and already needs a refresh? ... sound like bad hardware. They recommended i take it to best buy for repair... with the integrated chipset there is really nothing to repair. i might just need to return this and get something else.

Highlighted
MattDN93
802.11n
Views: 474
Message 4 of 4

Its certainly not bad hardware and a refresh won't help your driver issue since it'll reinstall the same driver anyway. I understand your frustration as I also had it, just attempt to install the Intel drivers OR wait for Lenovo to roll out a VGA driver update (they're slower to update but I have seen 2 VGA driver updates in the 3 months I've owned my Yoga 500.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors