Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hallnuts33
Paper Tape
Views: 1,576
Message 1 of 8

Lenovo Yoga 700-11ISK (80QE) Speaker/sound problems

Hello all,

I am having audio troubles with my Yoga 700-11ISK.

It began when I noticed one day that I was not getting any sound out of the speakers. I would hear a crackling sound emitted from the speakers sometimes when I scrolled with the touchpad or the touchscreen. I do seem to be able to get sound when plugging in headphones (but the sound quality isn't good and there is static interference sound).

Troubleshooting steps I have already taken: (Not listed in specific order, have retried many steps in different combinations)

1. Static Discharge: I disconnected the AC power cord, turned off machine etc, then pressed down the power button and held for 30 seconds.
  2. Installed LSB: Conducted all diagnostic scans for hardware and software. I was not able to get sound from my speakers regardless of which sound drivers were installed. I also implemented the suggested changes to my sound settings (i.e disabling sound effects, dolbi audio effects, etc)
  3. Downloading and reinstalling all firmware/software from Lenovo: Installed up to date BIOS updates, chipset, audio controllers, drivers, etc.
  4. Inspected the internals: MOBO, wiring. Everything appears fine.
  5. Purchased and installed a new set of speakers- Just to ensure it was not a hardware related issue.
  6. Factory reset

As of today, the speaker popping/cracking sound is gone but I still am not able to get any sound.

Does anybody have any additional suggestions? It seems that every thread (or just about) that I have read on these types of issues is solved by applying one of the above methods- with the exception of one or two who are not having luck with anything either.

Is it possible I need to download a specific audio driver for the Realtek HD Audio?

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions! Thanks!

WinniePoh
802.11n
Views: 1,535
Message 2 of 8

Re: Lenovo Yoga 700-11ISK (80QE) Speaker/sound problems

Hello. Have you tried the Recovery USB to recovery your OS to the state you got it? If you haven't, then try it, if that does not fix it, then that's a hardware problem, if you are still under warranty then send it back, or return it to the store you bought it.

Current System - Lenovo Y520. Say thanks with a Kudo! 

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Peterb02
Paper Tape
Views: 1,505
Message 3 of 8

Hello, I have the same problem. One day, suddenly, my speakers simply emit a crackling sound.

I have tried everything you mention in your post.

In addition, I notice that if the mains power is disconnected and the volume turned down, then no noise appears.

However, if I plug the mains power in, then an intermittent popping occurs - even though the sound is turned down.

I also noticed that when I connect the Yoga 700 to a TV via an HDMI connection, the sound is fine and clear. Therefore I am not suspecting the audio chip (I assume there is one).

I, too, have tried everything except a recovery to the original state of the Yoga. I am reluctant to do this as I have read of others who have tried without any success.

All updates have been tried from BIOS to Audio drivers (both from Realtek and Lenovo. Even installed some older drivers with no success.

Can any experts from Lenovo help?

If I have to purchase a new laptop then I would be reluctant to purchase Lenovo again if Lenovo cannot assist.

Regards

Peterb

hallnuts33
Paper Tape
Views: 1,481
Message 4 of 8

Hi Winnie,

Yes I have tried doing a factory reset.

Unfortunately, I did not purchase an extended warranty- The manufacturer's warranty ended just a few months ago.

Given that I replaced the speakers, and that sound works when connected through headphone jack and HDMI, bluetooth etc, a part of me still is unsure if it is a hardware issue or not.

I appreciate your post either way. thank you.

Peterb02
Paper Tape
Views: 1,475
Message 5 of 8

Hello,

I tested the sound with bluetooth headphones this morning.

Audio is great through bluetooth.

Sound through the speakers and the audio jack is still useless.

:-(

Peterb02

Peterb02
Paper Tape
Views: 1,471
Message 6 of 8

Hello,

I also ran the Hardware Diagnostics test this morning.

Everything came up good - including the Audio.

• Audio Controller
  • AUDIO_CONTROLLER - Success
  • Device Infomation:
    • Display Name:AUDIO_CONTROLLER
    • Udi:ac1
    • Manufacturer:Intel
    • High Definition Audio Specification:1.0
    • Number Of Input Streams:7
    • Number Of Output Streams:9
    • Number Of Bidirectional Streams:0
  • Device Tests:
    • Corb Status Test
      Success
    • Output Stream Test
      Success
    • Input Stream Test
      Success
  • Result Code:WAC007000-RM8WIK

Then I ran some Operating System Tests - but not all.

All I tried came up good, except when I ran both of the following, when I received the error below.

For both the Audio Recording Diagnostics & Audio Playback Diagnostics

Error details - the same error for both the tests.

An error occurred while troubleshooting

A problem is preventing the troubleshooter from starting

Error details:

PackageID: Unknown

Path: Unknown

Error Code: 0x8070057

User: LenovoYoga700\Peter

Context: Restricted

So - Does this help at all?

Any ideas anyone?

:-)

Peterb02

Antonl
What's DOS?
Views: 705
Message 7 of 8

This seems to be an inherent problem with this particular model.  Lenovo oughta have a recall for this.  This is ridiculous.

HulkRanDC
Paper Tape
Views: 255
Message 8 of 8

I have the exact same problems with my daughters Yoga 700-11isk laptop - no sound out of the speakers only static. Same with headphone jack - static there too.  Bluetooth speakers and headsets work just fine.  Came on all of sudden speakers just stopped working.

With all the post on here in 2017 and 2018, I would hope that Lenova or someone on here as figured this out.  I actually replaced the speakers just now with brand new ones and same failure mode - no sound only static.  Yes I've done everything else that was listed in this post too with the exception of loading OS from USB.

Please help if you know the root cause.

Thank you

Paul

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors