Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lip008
Fanfold Paper
Views: 526
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Yoga 700-11ISK (80QE) - There was a problem recovering your PC

I installed Linux on my Yoga and it works fine.  I'm ready to head back to Windows 10 but am running into issues. I made a recovery stick in Windows 10 via USB before installing Linux.  Problem is now I'm not able to use make it through the recovery process.  It gets to the end and all Windows says is "There was a problem recovering your PC".  Google searching all I come up with "there was a problem resetting your PC".    Not sure what the difference in resetting vs. recovering but either way I'm stuck.  Some posts mentioned it's the compression used on the USB recovery stick, but I'm at a loss.   I hit Yes and No to the TSM message when I come across that.   I usually get that RSM or whatever prompt after the recovery failed message.   It doesn't seem to matter what I select there. 

What do I have to do to get Windows back on this thing? 

lip008
Fanfold Paper
Views: 468
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo Yoga 700-11ISK (80QE) - There was a problem recovering your PC

Unless I missed some mandatory information in the "read me before posting" that kept me from getting any input I ended up figuring it out.  I haven't kept up with Windows 10 technically because I'm not a fan of it.  But, I was able to go to Microsoft's website and simply create a new recovery stick.   I guess Windows now authenticates with device hardware instead of an activation key.  I then had to initialize the SSD through the command prompt because the new recovery image wasn't finding any useable partition.  Long way down the rabbit hole.  I would of liked to know if I would of initialized the SSD prior to creating the new recovery media if my previous recovery stick would of worked?  I never got to a partition message with the first stick.  

Only reason is the new Windows recovery stick of course doesn't have any of the Lenovo specific drivers which I downloaded.  Doubt if any others would run into what I did but using MS's general recovery worked.  Looks like you could order one from Lenovo's website as well...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors