Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dzmitry87
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 566
Message 1 of 8

Lenovo Yoga 700 14 boot menu

Hi,

After couple of years of work my laptop ended in a boot menu. I see both windows boot manager & hdd listed. None of those options works. It just returns me back to the same selection screen. Diagnostic splash shows BIOS and GPU as shadowed. In a BIOS I cannot see the version. (All the settings are default). I tried to play with BIOS settings enabling\disabling legacy support, changing boot order, now I am trying to reset the BIOS by drainiing the battery.

Yesterday my spouse was watching some movies and fell asleep while leaving laptop unplugged. After attaching power adapter it did not start up. However keyboard light worked. I did a hard reset and now I have the issue described above.

I did not update neither the bios nor drivers. SSD seems to be working. I have an assumption that automatic update of the OS could start but then I should see Windows Logo at least. Please help to resolve this.

Best regards,

Dzmitry

dzmitry87
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 550
Message 2 of 8

Re: Lenovo Yoga 700 14 boot menu

Seems that BIOS reset failed or I was unable to reset it when discharged my battery. Noticed that when I Enter BIOS via NOVO button it usually resolves both BIOS version: DBCN25WW and EC version: DBEC25WW. When I enter BIOS via boot manager after rebooting several times it stops showing BIOS version. Please HELP
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 504
Message 3 of 8

Hi @dzmitry87

Thank you for reaching our community forum! 

Please try the steps below: 

1. Access the BIOS page on the laptop, check the link https://lnv.gy/2PCRAwQ for instruction. 

2. Press the Fn+F9 keys or the F9 key to load optimal defaults and choose yes.

3. Press the Fn+F10 keys or the F10 key to exit saving changes and choose yes. The laptop will reboot automatically and check the result. 

If the problem persists, try performing a complete factory reset using the Lenovo OneKey Recovery tool https://lnv.gy/2PCRBRq . However, this process will erase everything on the hard drive, so please back it up. You may access the recovery tool using the NOVO button https://lnv.gy/2PCRDJ2 . Please update us back with the result.

Regards! 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebppl and Twitter!

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 499
Message 4 of 8

It might be a succeeding update that's why it is not showing the BIOS version. You might want to compare and try other ways of accessing BIOS (here's how https://support.lenovo.com/il/en/solutions/ht500216) and check if it will show you the BIOS version. Let us know how it goes.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebppl and Twitter!

dzmitry87
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 499
Message 5 of 8

Hi @ChrisE_Lenovo,

Thank you for a quick reply.
1. Bios Default settings did not help. Tried that several times with no result. Double checked after your post.
2. When I tried to Recover the system from the NOVO button menu. It did nothing - I just went back to the BOOT Menu screen

I am not sure if it is SSD malfunction. But I can see it recognized in diagnostic screen and BIOS. And ofc no additional sound as it used to be with PC (I am not sure if it is enabled in laptops)

What other steps I can do to resolve that?
Thanks in advance

Best regards,
Dzmitry
dzmitry87
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 498
Message 6 of 8

Hi @MarkVin_Lenovo,
Thank you for your reply.
I can enter BIOS. I am able to enter it via fn+f2 button, NOVO button, directly from a boot menu. The BIOS version looks weird to me. I believe it should be the same everywhere (in BIOS itself, Diagnostic Splash) and it should always show up. By some reason sometimes it is not displayed on any screen (Diagnostic Splash or BIOS Information page)

Best regards,

Dzmitry

dzmitry87
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 472
Message 7 of 8

I disabled BIOS Security. This is basically the same as switching to legacy support from UEFI. That did not help. I tried to reset to factory settings and tried to switch to Setup Mode in BIOS. When I hit Setup Mode laptop stopped responding. I waited couple of minutes and did a hard reset. Could you please give links to this version BIOS manual. Any ideas?

Best regards,
Dzmitry
dzmitry87
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 405
Message 8 of 8

I was able to resolve the issue.
It seems like there is an issue exists in when operating on a laptop from a battery.

My ssd controller was reset due to power issues when my laptop battery was low. For now I installed the other SSD. I hope I will fix my previous one with MPI Tools. However it seems that all data will be lost.
Try to keep you laptops operated with SSD connected to outlets and turn off hibernate option. Hope it helps

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors