cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gufeng
What's DOS?
Views: 303
Message 1 of 6

Lenovo Yoga 700 14 only some keys not working...

Hi community,

I have a strange problem with the keyboard of my Lenovo Yoga 700. Only the keys F2, 5, 6, the left CTRL and the two keys after 0 are not working. I have tried to deinstall the keyboard driver but didnt work. Any idea how to solve it?

Thanks!

Gufeng

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 257
Message 2 of 6

Re: Lenovo Yoga 700 14 only some keys not working...

Hi gufeng,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Have you tried using an external USB keyboard to check if you will have the same issue? If not, I would suggest to try it first to isolate the issue. Does it also happen when you use the on-screen keyboard? Let's try to reset the BIOS just follow the steps below.

- Access the BIOS (Guide here: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/HT500216)
- Once you're in the BIOS press Fn+F9 to Load Setup Defaults
- Then press Fn+F10 to Save and Exit
- Observe if you will have the same issue.

Update us how it goes.

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

gufeng
What's DOS?
Views: 250
Message 3 of 6

Hey, 

Thanks alot for your support. I have have tried your steps and it didnt work unfortunately. And I have noticed that the FN+F1-12 buttons are also not working...but FN+Space works for the back light on keyboard.

How do I proceed?

Best, Gufeng

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 249
Message 4 of 6

Does the same issue happen when using an external keyboard or on-screen keyboard? Let's isolate the issue further. Search online using the keyword "Keyboard Tester" and download the tool from the website with the same name. Let's check how the Keyboard Tester respond to the keys that are not working on your laptop when pressed.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

gufeng
What's DOS?
Views: 247
Message 5 of 6

I do not have an external keyboard. The onscreen keyboard is working fine. Keyboardtester.com confirms that the keys I mentioned plus a few more are not working. Does it help the diagnosis further?

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 238
Message 6 of 6

Thanks for trying those steps. In this case, it would be best to contact our support here https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/supportphonelist for warranty claim, as the issue seems to be hardware related. They will provide you repair options in accordance to the warranty of your laptop.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors