Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wojo120
Not applicable
Views: 121
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo Yoga 700-14isk power button

Starting having trouble with my power button last week.

1. Would not power on when pressing power button.  When I tried the "novo" button, it does goes through System Recovery menu and I can do a normal startup.

2. Today I disconnected the battery.  I plugged the power cable in and was able to successfully use the power button to start up.  Upon shut down, the power button does not work again unless I unplug power cable, then re-plug it in, then power button will work (just once, then have to repeat steps above).

3.  If the battery is plugged in, the power button does not work in either battery only mode (battery shows good charge) or when the battery and power cable are connected (hitting 'novo" button - System Recovery menu comes up and I am able to go through Normal StartUp option again, on recovery menu).

Not sure what is going on here or how to resolve.

wojo120
Not applicable
Views: 77
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo Yoga 700-14isk power button

Upon further testing, I noticed when I plugged the power in, the computer will automatically start up. However, holding the power button in when running, does not reset.  Thinking it is the power button messed up.

Jwes_Lenovo
Not applicable
Views: 32
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo Yoga 700-14isk power button

Hi Wojo120! Welcome to our forums community. The issue is more likely hardware failure. It would be best to have a local tech identify which part needs to be replaced. Once the part is identified, you can buy the part locally or from here: https://lenovo.encompass.com/ using the part number. The compatible part numbers can be found here: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/yoga-series/yoga-700-14isk/80qd/par....

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors