Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Arjoko
Paper Tape
Views: 7,367
Message 1 of 6

Lenovo Yoga 700 Keyboard and Touchpad Not Working

I have a Lenovo Yoga 700 14ISK (ideapad) with Windows 10 64bit, whose keyboard and touchpad are refusing to work.

Everything else seems to be running smoothly except for these. I initially was getting by via the on screen keyboard until I began borrowing an external wireless one.

The following is what I know

1. Reset to factory settings did not work.
  2. Optimizing OS in BIOS is enabled already (enabling this was suggested by Lenovo Support)
  3. THE ARROW KEYS WORK IN BIOS (??!???!?)
  4. An external keyboard works (I have used two different Logitech keyboards and both work)
  5. Before I sign in, FN+Space seems to work thus (re)activating my backlight. Once I sign in, it stops working.
  6. There's no updates for the keyboard driver.
  7. I have already tried to uninstall the driver, restart the laptop, and allow it to reinstall the driver.
  8. Disabling ymc did not help.
  9. F6 does not re-enable the touchpad.
  10. I tried a couple button combinations I've seen around for people disabling/enabling keyboards, but none worked. (Willing to try more though!!!)

Any ideas? I thought it may be a hardware problem, but since the arrow keys work in BIOS; I'm not confident that this is the case.

gmbr
What's DOS?
Views: 7,161
Message 2 of 6

Re: Lenovo Yoga 700 Keyboard and Touchpad Not Working

I have the same problem and also followed the same steps with identical result. It happened suddenly, just stopped working.

Arjoko
Paper Tape
Views: 7,148
Message 3 of 6

I ended up draining the battery completely to zero a few times and it started working! I later realized that the hard shut down leading to dead keyboard was only after charging it.

List of what I did:

• let battery drain overnight: didn't work
  • let battery drain while I was away: didn't work (both times I believe it didn't fully drain)
  • drained battery until it shut itself down, then turned it back on forcing it to drain all the way to 0% (I played music for a while)

Tadah! I turned it back on after charging it and it was working again!

At some point there was another hard shut down after I plugged the laptop in to charge. I drained the battery again, and that fixed the problem: again.

I bought a new charger and so far haven't had any further problems Smiley Happy

mi6gan
What's DOS?
Views: 981
Message 4 of 6

Wow, it helped me too! Draining the battery to zero. And I mean to pure zero, when no led is on and power button doesn't do anything.

But I am afraid the whole story is not about battery or board. I believe there is something wrong with power cable (by design). I had change it once already because I had unstable charging problems, until it finally just stopped to function at all. Assuming, it's gonna repeat soon. So I've already ordered a new charger.Smiley Sad

I believe, the issue with keyboard and touchpad is a consequence of some kind of short circuit (not sure it's exactly the right term) which caused by wrong power supply. Of course it's only my dilettante assumption, but I can't find another explanation for this "black magic" Smiley Very Happy

mi6gan
What's DOS?
Views: 976
Message 5 of 6

By the way, my Yoga powered by Linux but problem still remains the same. Just to make it clear that it's not related to OS anyhow.
draculabyte
Paper Tape
Views: 966
Message 6 of 6

I'll try this....

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors