Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
moonshine1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,909
Message 1 of 9

Lenovo Yoga 700

I bought Lenovo Yoga 700 about a month ago from a CompUSA store for my personal use following my early retirement. Before Lenovo, I had Dell which the company provided and upgraded every 3 years. I never had any issue with Dell, nada. As I start using my new Lenovo laptop, I started having problem and nightmares. Minutes from booting up and starting my laptop, the screen would go crazy as if some external force take control over my computer. I could not do anything, literally nothng to stop it other than turning it off. I took back the laptop to CompUSA to return it for refund, but they refused becasue I did not buy insurance. They reffered me to their Geek to check it for me.  It took the Geek four days and $200 to say that a virus found home in my laptop, but don't worry we fixed it for you. Well, believe it or not, I took it home turned it on and guess what, boom same thing, same genie that I encountered before came back to hunt me again. Ofcourse, I took back the laptop to the Geek and ask for refund becasue they have not fixed the problem. Well guess what, they refused but I guess they felt sorry for me and told me that they beleive it is the touch screen that causing this problem and they turned it off and yes it was becasue the probelm was solved.  

So, if the IBM gurus know that there is a problem with Lenovo's touch screen, why don't they recall all the laptops and fix the problem once and for all. Let me tell you somthing else. I really beleive that there are other probelms with this laptop beside the touch screen. First and formost is the Internent connection. I loose connection all the time. Also, have anyone an issue with black screen. Have you heard of this probelm before. The screen turns black and the only way to bring life back to the screen is to turn the laptop off. Beleive or not.

Dont' you love this laptop!!!!!

Guru
Views: 1,877
Message 2 of 9

Re: Lenovo Yoga 700

Hi moonshine1, welcome to the forums.

Can you please share the full model number of your Thinkpad Yoga ?

What I recommend is to update the drivers of the machine, specially if you upgraded to Windows 10. That can solve some issues with power and video. There is the System Update utility that can help, but it is also look manually for updated drivers on the support site, because sometimes the utility misses the newer ones.

About the touch screen, there had been some reports of "ghost touches" on the Yoga-3 with LG touchscreen. There is a firmware update for it. But if you have a non LG touch screen and you are having that ghost touches the best way to deal with it will be to open a ticket with Lenovo. If you bought it a month ago it should still be on warranty.

CompUSA is still open somewhere? I didn't know that. I thought it was bought by TigerDirect.

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Self-proclaimed Trackpoint Fan Club President
"Don't Panic" 
Wil Wheaton
Remember: Your Friend Wil Declares....
Please click "Kudos" for Ego Boost !!

moonshine1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,872
Message 3 of 9

Thank you for replying; I am very appreciative.

I appologize I stated that I bought my Lenovo Yoga 700 form CompUSA which is wrong. I bought it from Best Buy. Blame it on age. I am not sure why I said CompUSA. I will do the things you recommended and let you know how it goes. Just to let you know that this is my first experience with Blogs/Forums etc. But you know I love it, especially how fast one can find relief support using this feature.

Keep the good work!

Guru
Views: 1,811
Message 4 of 9

Hi Moonshine1

Can you please post the full model number of you Yoga 700? Is it 700-14ISK, or 700-11ISK , or something like that?

Let's see if with the model number I can find the driver on the support page.

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
"Don't Panic" 
Wil Wheaton

moonshine1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,802
Message 5 of 9

Hello Martin. Thank you again for your quick reply. The model # is 700-141SK. What's funny is that the touchpad is working now, meaning the probelm is solved by itself. Miracle! I did not do anything to it.

Guru
Views: 1,790
Message 6 of 9

Hi

I'm checking the support site of that model, but seems that the site has some issues since I don't see any driver available for download.

I would suggest you to reinstall the touchpad driver, but we need to find out which touchpad brand does your machine uses.

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
"Don't Panic" 
Wil Wheaton

Guru
Views: 1,772
Message 7 of 9

Hi.

The site is working fine now. Please try this touchpad driver.

Note: It is good that the touchpad is now working, but I posted the driver like just in case you need it on the future.

Regards.

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
"Don't Panic" 
Wil Wheaton

moonshine1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,754
Message 8 of 9

Many thanks again Martin. You are a great help.
NakeshaV
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,224
Message 9 of 9

hello.

i am having the same issue with ghost touches and the links to the solutions that u posted are not working for me.  it is sending me to an error page.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors