Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
peterm17
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,276
Message 1 of 10

Lenovo Yoga 710-14ISK 80TY Displayport

The specification of this model when I bought it said "1x DisplayPort (combo with HDMI)".

However I have tried to connect my Displayport monitor and it does not work. There is no technical documentation and the Lenovo call centre were unhelpful and then hung up on me.  

1evh
Punch Card
Views: 1,263
Message 2 of 10

Re: Lenovo Yoga 710-14ISK 80TY Displayport

How are you connecting the Yoga to your monitor? Using which cables?

peterm17
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,260
Message 3 of 10

I was using a micro HDMI to HDMI and then an HDMI to Displayport 'adaptor'.

I asked Lenovo web chat support for suggestions, but they were unhelpful. It would be great to know which cable I should use, or is anyone has ever done this successfully.

Nafees336
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,242
Message 4 of 10

Hello,there.

i am new here. I need assistance to purchase a new laptop.evry one can help me. 

i need this speci,

Laptop, Intel, Core i 7.

7th Generation,

Storage SSD 256 GB

500GB HD,

RAM 12GB, DDR4.

Cache 6MB, Windows 10.

Display 15 inch.

Windows 10 64bit.

1evh
Punch Card
Views: 1,223
Message 5 of 10

@peterm17: 

Please remember that I am not Lenovo support - I just happened upon your post and would like to help.

I would be very interested to hear what Lenovo have to say as I see a few similar questions that have gone unanswered.

My thoughts are that there are two options here, both with challanges:

- Firstly, you can CONVERT the signal from HDMI to DisplayPort, but other than using some active converter boxes I don't see much reference to HDMI-to-DP, so I suspect that this may be an issue for anyone.

- Secondly, the Lenovo specs as you have quoted above suggest that the Yoga can send a native DisplayPort signal through that shared micro HDMI port, without the need for any conversion. This makes more sense to me than HDMI-to-DP.  So you'd actually need a DP-to-DP cable, but I cannot find any DP connector that would fit into that micro HDMI port. Here is where Lenovo needs to advise which cable you should use given their  product and specification...

Here is my advice:

- If you are at all able to use the HDMI or VGA port on your monitor, then I'd follow that route instead.
- If you have to use DisplayPort (as I also have to do because of the higher resolution on my 2nd monitor) and it is time sentitive, then maybe try a USB-to-DisplayPort adapter or a USB Dock with DisplayPort output.  Both will occupy a USB 3.0 port and produce a DisplayPort signal (often of up to 4k resolution).

Lenovo offers such a USB-to-DisplayPort device under part number 4X90J31021.
Else I'd recommend a USB 3.0 Dock that will also give you additoinal USB ports, audio output, LAN, etc (how I solved my problem).

Search 40A70045 for Pro dock and 40A80045 for Ultra dock, depending on which ports you need.

Just remember to check compatibility (as best as you can) before you buy.

Good luck. Apologies that I could not be more help...

peterm17
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,177
Message 6 of 10

I've already asked about this Micro HDMI to DisplayPort cable, but the answer was we don't sell one, we don't have one to recommend, just buy one in a shop. I have tried a couple of shops and online and such a cable doesn't seem to exist. It is not a standard cable. So Lenovo should provide one. I also phoned Lenovo's support line but they hung up without providing an answer. Very unprofessional.

1evh
Punch Card
Views: 1,154
Message 7 of 10

I haven't come across such a cable at all myself. Sounds like vapourware and that Lenovo is selling a capability that is not possible in reality. Go figure!

If you really want to hold onto that Yoga, then it looks as though one of those docks may be your only option...

...else just get another laptop that actually does what you need and what the manufacturer says it will do.

I am probably going to have to dump Lenovo myself if they don't resolve this issue quickly:

I just bought a ThinkPad P50 Workstation and I cannot get some simple parts to upgrade the storage on the device.  They either want an arm and a leg for their proprietary SATA cable (which should be supplied with the machine to begin with IMO) and they want me to wait 4 weeks (or more) to import a simple $10 SSD tray.
Imagine that - they are about to lose a $2000+ customer because they won't keep a $10 part in stock!

Best of luck sorting out your issue.

peterm17
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,156
Message 8 of 10

As the cost of a HDMI to displayport convertor is a quarter of the price of a basic monitor, I think I will give up on finding a solution.

Does anyone know which resoltuions the micro HDMI port supports? Can it ago above Full HD 1920x1080?

I'm thinking of getting a Dell P2416D but not sure if it can support the native 2.560 × 1.440 resultion.

thanks for your help

1evh
Punch Card
Views: 1,150
Message 9 of 10

You'll have to check that with Lenovo directly, sorry. Maybe search the Forum or post a new item.

It seems that they have deleted my previous post- either because I suggested that you get another laptop or because I criticised that they sold you something that doesn't work.

Best of luck.
jagpun
Paper Tape
Views: 939
Message 10 of 10

For some reason my screen on my laptop spontaneously flickers and basically looks like it's having a seizure. I've tried updating the display driver and updating the system and neither worked. I've also tried the solution that requires you to go to safe mode to disable "Windows error reporting" and "Problems Report and Solutions" and it still hasn't stopped flickering. I bought the laptop about a month ago and the flickering started about a week/week and a half ago. I'd strongly prefer to fix it at home and I really don't want to have to return it to Best Buy to buy a different laptop. Any suggestions/solutions?

Top Kudoed Authors