Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ms12345678
Blue Screen Again
Views: 998
Message 1 of 5

Lenovo Yoga 710 14ISK 80TY "We Can't Find Your Camera"

Hello,

I've had this lenovo yoga 710 for only a few months now and on multiple occasions, I've gone to open my camera/skype call, and I get a black screen, that says, "We Can't Find Your Camera". Now, I've read about a million posts about solutions to similar problems, but can't seem to get anything to work.

When I go into "Device Manager", there are no camera drivers under "Imaging Devices" or "Sound, Video, and Game Controllers". So I looked it up, and everything I read says to go to the lenovo website, find the right camera driver for my specific computer, and download it. Well, I've tried that with a bunch of different camera drivers including the "AzureWave, Bison, Chicony, Liteon" one that is supposedly the right one for this computer, and after hitting "install" and "finish", I get a pop-up "error" message that simply says, "No device found". I've uninstalled and reinstalled lenovo "easycam", but it says the same thing -- "Can't find device", etc.

Any suggestions would be awesome, I've only had this laptop for a few months and this has happened at least 4 or 5 times now and it's really becoming quite the aggravation when trying to video chat with family from college.

Thanks in advance!

Lenovo Technology Partner
Views: 898
Message 2 of 5

Re: Lenovo Yoga 710 14ISK 80TY "We Can't Find Your Camera"

Hi ms12345678, 

I would just like to know, are you getting errors under USB when the camera is not detected in device manager? If so then this might be a bad connection inside the laptop. The camera is internally connected via a usb cable. If there are no issues under usb, please try updating the drivers under the chipset components. 

You may want to check on the privacy settings of the system also and see if window is blocking your apps from using the camera. Go to Settings - > Privacy - > Camera Make sure Let apps use my camera is turned on.

Hope this helps. 

Cheers,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudos!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"
ms12345678
Blue Screen Again
Views: 835
Message 3 of 5

Hello,

I'm not sure where to see if there is an error with the USB. Is that in device manager? If so, I can't find it. I'm not sure if this is helpful, but my laptop is also the only one that doesn't connect to my OfficeJet 4650 wireless printer, too. Everyone else's laptops can connect to it but mine. I looked it up, and I do recall one website saying something about the USB driver. So again, I went to the lenovo website, found the USB drivers, downloaded them, and it still doesn't connect to the printer, and my camera still doesn't work. I am starting to think it must be an internal connection issue, because it is on-and-off. Sometimes the camera doesn't work, then I'll try the next day and it will be working randomely again. If so, is this something I can get fixed under warrenty through Best Buy, since I haven't had it for a year yet?

Thank you so much!

mrnobita
Paper Tape
Views: 767
Message 4 of 5

First, you need to check if there is any error in Device Manager, if there is no error, meaning it's a hardware issue, the webcam is not connected to the system.

If you you see some error with some exclamation mark,  then it's driver issue. You should try to download the correct drivers. I personally use this program to find the correct driver - http://www.driveridentifier.com , it's a tiny application but it has huge driver in its database. 

Hope it helps.

bpirollet
Paper Tape
Views: 765
Message 5 of 5

I have the same behavior

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors