Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrWarlock616
Fanfold Paper
Views: 232
Message 1 of 6

Lenovo Yoga 710-15IKB Intel driver upgrade

Hi,

I want to upgrade my Windows to the latest update (October 2018). But upon reading the Lenovo support website, it seems that it's advisable to upgrade Intel Graphics Driver to version 24.20.100.6286 and newer which is available with Intel Audio Driver 10.25.0.10.

I have tried updating my drivers through Lenovo Vantage, but that only installed the Nvidia VGA driver, not the Intel one. I also checked the available drivers on Lenovo support page but the Intel Graphics Driver version I need is not listed. Am I missing anything? Is there a timeline on when that driver is going to come out?

Thanks.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 202
Message 2 of 6

Re: Lenovo Yoga 710-15IKB Intel driver upgrade

Hi MrWarlock616!

Welcome to the Community Forums. 

You can manually download and install the latest Intel Graphics driver from Intel support website. Download it here, https://downloadmirror.intel.com/28289/a08/win64_25.20.100.6373.zip. Once downloaded, follow steps below. 

1. Unzip the file to a designated location or folder.
  2. Open Device Manager
  3. Double-click Display Adapters.
  4. Right-click the Intel® Graphics Controller and click Update Driver Software.
  5. Click Browse my computer for driver software.
  6. Click Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
  7. Click Have Disk.
  8. Click Browse.
  9. Access the designated location or folder, and access a folder called Graphics.
  10. Select the file called igdlh64 or igdlh.
  11. Click Open, then click OK, and finally click Next. Drivers are now being installed.
  12. Restart your computer.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

MrWarlock616
Fanfold Paper
Views: 199
Message 3 of 6

Is that the recommended approach? My laptop is out of warranty (I think) and I don't want to break anything
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 196
Message 4 of 6

It will not break your laptop. We are just manually installing the driver.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

MrWarlock616
Fanfold Paper
Views: 161
Message 5 of 6

Thanks for the timely response and appreciate your help.

I will not be installing this driver manually. I just don't want to risk breaking something that's working fine. Unless it's an important security update or it comes directly through Lenovo, I'm just going to stick with my current version. The recent updates I did through Lenovo Vantage for the NVIDIA VGA driver already caused an issue where my screen started turning on and off rapidly while I watch watching YouTube.

Thanks again for your help.

Highlighted
bfilipe
Fanfold Paper
Views: 152
Message 6 of 6

That is a problem with the Lenovo provided Intel driver.
I have posted exactly that same information here:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-yoga-710-14-quot-Screen-Flickering/...

The info has been there since July, and the driver listed in the support page for all 710 models, still has the same problem.
It only flickers when watching any kind of video on Edge, Microsoft News, etc.
If you use another browser everything is fine.
It is clearly a driver problem, because if you let Windows Update install that incredibly old driver it provides, there is no flicker at all.
I've already lost the hope that Lenovo will eventually fix this, tbh.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors