Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
elfarto
Serial Port
Views: 1,714
Message 1 of 5

Lenovo Yoga 710 15IKB Latest Bios causes lag/freezes on Windows

After i upgraded to BIOS 2XCN30WW(V2.05) dated 2017/06/21 i started to experience lags and temporary freezes (for 20/30 seconds and it would recover) while using windows 10 creators edition.

The lag/freeze can be described as a period of time every 10 minutes or so in which the computer stops responding to keyboard input and eventually to mouse movements, if you had a youtube video or audio playing in the background it starts coming out distorted, everything makes you think there is something hogging the CPU or RAM, it recovers itself after 20 or 30 seconds, sometimes less than that.

I first blamed Slack Client but quickly found that it didn't have anything to do. It didn't seem related to load as the CPU/RAM usage in Task Manager remained low during these periods.

I then blamed a recent Windows Update patch , which i rolled back prompty without noticing any changes.

My last option and what ultimately resolved the issue is the rolling back the BIOS upgrade that i applied at about the same time of the windows patch.

I enabled the Allow Back-Flash option in BIOS setup and rolled back to version 2XCN29WW, and the problem dissapeared for good, and just to confirm that the BIOS was to blame after a few days of happy computing i decided to give the new BIOS another try and TADAH! soon after the update the freeze/lags started again.

I just wanted to share this with you guys in hopes that if you are having similar issues you can resolve them using this message.

And since Lenovo doesn't seem to allow downloads of older Driver/BIOS versions i'll be attaching the previous versions to this message, feel free to download it

As Lenovo doesn't provide access to older version of the BIOS, i'll attach it to this message

WWLove
What's DOS?
Views: 1,442
Message 2 of 5

Re: Lenovo Yoga 710 15IKB Latest Bios causes lag/freezes on Windows

I have the same issue. It started immediately after installing the 2.05 BIOS.

elfarto
Serial Port
Views: 1,204
Message 3 of 5

The latest BIOS (i think from 11/13/17) still contains this issue, c'mon lenovo, i'm sure you can come up with a fix for this.

For those suffering the same problem try rolling back your BIOS to 2XCN29WW.

And to demonstrate that this is not some kind of weird issue affecting only my laptop, here are a couple of forum posts with very similar issues

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-Yoga-710-freezes/m-p/3441448
https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-710-14IKB-Fan-noise-amp-system-interr...

elfarto
Serial Port
Views: 1,169
Message 4 of 5

Can someone from Lenovo support please look at this issue and contact me eventually ?

Maugrim11
What's DOS?
Views: 618
Message 5 of 5

How can i install the older Version? If i want to run the .exe it only says that the Version is not older than my current. After that the Installer shuts down by itself.

Please help.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors