cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wcwm
Paper Tape
Views: 2,480
Message 1 of 5

Lenovo Yoga 710-15IKB Touchpad Settings? Two-finger gestures?

Hi everyone.

I have tried searching here and on Google for a solution and can’t find anything for Yoga 710-15IKB owners. The only relevant thread I could find was from this user who is describing essentially the same questions, but nobody came up with a solution. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-710-Touchpad-Settings-Area-settings/t...

I am trying to activate two touchpad features on my new Yoga 710-15IKB.

1. Two finger scrolling.
  2. Two finger right-click tap.
  3. Increase speed of touchpad. (The mouse curser is painfully slow, even on the hightest pointer speed setting).

However, I can’t seem to find any place to change these settings?

I have tried the following:

1. Navigating the touchpad settings via taskbar, looking at each tab (including the ELAN tab). There is no place to make touchpad gesture changes.
  2. Going into Windows 10 control panel settings for the touchpad. The only adjustment I can make is ‘touchpad sensitivity’.
  3. Updating the ELAN driver in Windows 10 via ELAN tab > properties. This does nothing.
  4. Downloading and installing various ELAN/Synaptics touchpad drivers from Lenovo.com, none of them activating any ‘gesture’ settings that I can find. This one specifically did not even work…

http://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds118370

My questions:

1. Does the Yoga 710-15IKB even support touchpad gestures?
  2. Are there any owners with this model who have success with activating gestures?

Thanks for your help everyone!

wcwm
Paper Tape
Views: 2,422
Message 2 of 5

Re: Lenovo Yoga 710-15IKB Touchpad Settings? Two-finger gestures?

Ended up taking the laptop back to Best Buy. The Geek Squad rep and I compared the model on the shelf. While the driver information matched, my model did not recognize the trackpad as being standalone (it was acting as a mouse in a PS/2 port). We concluded my computer had a faulty trackpad and got an exchange. All is well!

freedaveman
Paper Tape
Views: 157
Message 3 of 5

all I can say is that lenovo has replaced my track /touch pad  4 times now and I still  have the same problem, none of the gestures that worked on the original track pad work on the replacement pad    When I download the driver, the system says that the new track pad is not an elan precision pad and the driver will not work on it.  

Highlighted
freedaveman
Paper Tape
Views: 148
Message 4 of 5

Yes, the original lenovo touch pad was a precision touchpad that supported gestures, palm check, side scrolling, etc. but the replacement touchpads installed on my yoga will not work with the driver on their web page.   Glad to know I am not the only one with this problem.   The technical support at the 877 number act as if I am the only one in the world with this problem.  Good Luck to you.

freedaveman
Paper Tape
Views: 146
Message 5 of 5

That is what my touchpad is doing, but they have replaced it 4 times now and still the same problem.  

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors