cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CallmeFoad
Paper Tape
Views: 318
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Yoga 710-15IKB screen freezes and ruins screen.

Maybe once a month, my Lenovo screen will freeze and this will happen to the screen before I have to hold down the powerbutton and restart my laptop. What should I do? I had read that someone else had replaced their EPD Cable (P/N 5C10M14137LNV) - the cable connecting the mother board to the LCD display and it fixed it. Any suggestions?

Here is what the screen looks like when it happens.

https://imgur.com/ePx2o1U

Guru
Views: 278
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo Yoga 710-15IKB screen freezes and ruins screen.

This is most likely a physical problem. Replacing the cable MAY be a solution - but not something I recommend you do yourself. However, if you feel comfortable, I'd recommend taking of the screws and opening up your laptop. Look for the connectors coming from your screen and make sure they are tightly connected. I had a laptop that sometimes would disconnect the screen, and I found the cable was slightly loose, after jamming it in tightly it never happened again. That should be the first approach if your comfortable opening your laptop.

Lastly, this is most likely a physical problem as I said, but that doesn't mean it couldn't be something software based. As a LAST RESORT, you could factory reset your computer.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors