Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Uhxohxitsxali
What's DOS?
Views: 1,339
Message 1 of 5

Lenovo Yoga 710-15ISK flickering/black screen

I just purchased my laptop about a month ago and when in normal use starting from log in the screen starts to flicker constantly and the screen would also black out here and there.

When I boot it in safe mode everything runs fine and the screen doesn't flicker or black out so I'm guessing that it's a graphic driver issue and not a hardware? 

I've updated everything in Windows 10.. the drivers are also all updated (Intel HD Graphic 620 and Nvidia Geforce 940MX). I've also tried uninstalling all the drivers and reinstalling them. I've disabled Problem Reports and Solution Control Panel Support & Windows Error Report Service from services in Task Manager.

I've tried everything you can think of but can't find a solution!!! Any suggestions and help is much appreciated!! 

Lenovo Technology Partner
Views: 1,268
Message 2 of 5

Re: Lenovo Yoga 710-15ISK flickering/black screen

Hi Uhxohxitsxali,

Have you tried updating the BIOS. Also for the intel video card did you use the driver from www.intel.com? If not try downloading the driver from there.

Cheers,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudos!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"
Uhxohxitsxali
What's DOS?
Views: 1,260
Message 3 of 5

Yes I've also updated the BIOS and tried DL the driver from Intel but its not allowing me to and telling me that I should DL from the comp manufacturer? 

Lenovo Technology Partner
Views: 1,258
Message 4 of 5

Hi, 

To install  the driver from Intel, first un-install the driver from device manager and make sure to delete the driver software for the card. You restart the system and check if the system only detects the video card as a Microsoft Basic Adapter, that is when you can install the driver for intel. 

Cheers,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudos!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 743
Message 5 of 5
Moved:

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors