Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kstclair1269
Blue Screen Again
Views: 235
Message 1 of 9

Lenovo Yoga 710-15ikb camera not detected

For some reason I can't get my camera to work. I have clicked and done everything from the "learn more" button you see. I have googled and couldn't find anything that worked. My computer doesn't see the camera at all even in the device manager. I have done the privacy thing in settings, i have gone through lenovo vantage, and i have downloaded various different camera drivers from the lenovo website. I am a tech junkie and for once I am stumped. dm.pngcamera.jpg

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 181
Message 2 of 9

Re: Lenovo Yoga 710-15ikb camera not detected

Hi Kstclair1269!

Close the camera app and press F8 or Fn+F8 on the keyboard of your computer. Check if the drivers appear on the device manager. If the drivers are available, you can use the camera app. 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Kstclair1269
Blue Screen Again
Views: 175
Message 3 of 9

If you looked at the screen shots you will see that there are no drivers. No matter what drivers I do install it won’t show up. It seems to have happened when the bios updated in September
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 168
Message 4 of 9

Hi Kstclair1269,

Thanks for getting back to us.

We've found a similar thread here in forums though the model of the laptop is different, but the issue is the same. You may try the steps provided by other users:https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/SOLVED-Built-in-Camera-not-working/td-p/3353327

Keep us posted on how it goes.

Regards!

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Kstclair1269
Blue Screen Again
Views: 165
Message 5 of 9

This won’t work because if (as stated before) you look at the screen shot the computer does not recognize the camera, it doesn’t show anything. Not only this but that thread is outdated and Lenovo settings is no longer used.
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 161
Message 6 of 9

We'd like to isolate the issue whether it is a software to hardware related problem. You may try different apps to identify whether it is a hardware problem. Different apps include Youcam, Skype, Line, Facebook messenger, etc. If you don't have the Lenovo Settings, you may use Lenovo Vantage and check the camera settings.

You may also check the privacy settings, you may follow the steps below:

For Windows 10

Open Settings -> Privacy -> Webcam. Slide on the webcam or configure to Let these apps use my webcam.

Could you send us another photo of the device manager with the Imaging devices expanded so we can take a closer look?

Regards!

Kstclair1269
Blue Screen Again
Views: 145
Message 7 of 9

Kstclair1269
Blue Screen Again
Views: 142
Message 8 of 9

kcjenks
Paper Tape
Views: 97
Message 9 of 9

Hey there, I have the exact same issue on my 710-15ikb. Have you had any luck on a solution? I have tried absolutely everything.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors