Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Arul7
What's DOS?
Views: 95
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo Yoga 710 - Laptop not booting

My Laptop was working fine. Suddenly couple of weeks back when I power on my laptop, indicator light was on for 5 secs and then went off. No fan running  and it didn't boot.

I tried the following:

1. Pressing and holding the power button for 15 secs

2. Tried with Novo button

It didnt work for one whole day. the next day when I powered on it started working as ususal. I am not sure what was the issue.

Again couple of days ago I have faced the same above problem. It didn't boot for one full day. I took it to servce center(Lenovo authorized service center), service person examined by opening up back panel. He tried few things and told, theres a problem with mother board, I have to replace it. He's not sure what is the problem.

Then Yesterday morning I tried powering on the laptop and its working as usual. My Lenovo Yoga 710 15" 15ISK laptop has become bit unpredictable. My laptop is out of warranty. Any help is appreciated on how to resolve this problem. 

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 64
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo Yoga 710 - Laptop not booting

Welcome to the Community Forums!

Based on the description of the problem, it seemed the laptop won't pass the Power On Self Test phase (P.O.S.T.). This is usually where the computer will test all major hardware components before it would boot into Windows. We understand that the motherboard has already been replaced, but we would still recommend to return to Service Center who serviced it, since this kind of issue is best to be diagnosed and examine physically

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Arul7
What's DOS?
Views: 63
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo Yoga 710 - Laptop not booting

Actually, motherboard has not been replaced. Service person told, it would need mother board replacement. But it started working the next day when I tried powering on the laptop. So motherboard was never replaced.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors