cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tackyjan
Paper Tape
Views: 2,518
Message 1 of 11

Lenovo Yoga 710 (Remove Internal RAM Cover) - How Do I Remove It?

Hello,

I have a Lenovo Yoga 710 15 80V50000U laptop and I am trying to add memory. I have opened the back but there seems to be a metal box/cover around the ram that I can't figure out how to remove.

There are several groups (of 2) clips around each side of the metal cover and also many holes on the top/sides. Do I remove it by prying the clips and/or removing screws? If there are screws, I don't see them, could they be inside those little holes (and if so which holes)?

len1.jpglen2.jpg

Thank you,

Jan

Guru
Views: 2,503
Message 2 of 11

Re: Lenovo Yoga 710 (Remove Internal RAM Cover) - How Do I Remove It?

Looks like you'll need a wedge tool to pry open the cover. I suggest starting on one corner, then the next. If you don't have a wedge tool, try using a ruler carefully.

Here's a reference video that might help: https://www.lenovoservicetraining.com/showcase?sid=1170&key=TGVuZw==

Let me know that helped Smiley Happy

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

tackyjan
Paper Tape
Views: 2,495
Message 3 of 11

Those clips are somewhat flexible / bendable. Should I (VERY carefully) use something like a credit card to bend each one away from the box to lift it up?

Guru
Views: 2,493
Message 4 of 11

Yep, try starting from one corner and wiggling it upwards. Once one clip is off, the rest should also fall off easily. 

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

tackyjan
Paper Tape
Views: 2,489
Message 5 of 11

*UPDATE* I found THIS post and the person said they figured it out. Here is what they said:

"...Although, it did take me a few minutes to figure out how to remove the "DDR Shield" (Picture attached).  I ended up using the Torx screwdriver in the small holes on the sides of that metal shield to pry it up.  After that, it was a standard RAM upgrade.  That DDR shield then snapped back in place...."

They did not, however, say which holes, how many, etc. Smiley Sad

Guru
Views: 2,485
Message 6 of 11

Seems like what he did was pry it up through the middle of the memory cover. That's a bit more risky though, since the memory module is right under the holes (the holes for for cooling). 

I would suggest prying from the corner slowly. If a credit card isn't rigid enough, try something like the plastic side of the SD card. 

Regards,
Eric Xu

tackyjan
Paper Tape
Views: 2,470
Message 7 of 11

Sorry just want to be clear here.. do or don't I remove screws? Smiley Happy TY Smiley Happy

Guru
Views: 2,468
Message 8 of 11

There's no screws under the holes, so it's just prying it up from the corner. 

Regards,
Eric Xu

tackyjan
Paper Tape
Views: 2,463
Message 9 of 11

THANKS!

Guru
Views: 2,460
Message 10 of 11

Welcome Smiley Wink

Regards,
Eric Xu

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors