Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
theshaikhu
Fanfold Paper
Views: 916
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo Yoga 710 Screen turns white

Hi there,

My Lenovo Yoga 710 IKB 15'' Laptop has had many problems. The fan was making noise and I started a topic here that was ridiculously marked solved when it wasn't, and now I have this new problem. For some reason, my screen has been blinking white (see attached pictures). Sometimes the white screen is blinking, sometimes it stays for a few seconds and other times it's not there at all but is clearly still an issue. I have already updated both the Intel and NVIDIA display drivers and when I run a scan I'm told there are no updates available. When I run a game or anything that requires the computer to switch to using the NVIDIA card, there is also a buzzing sound coming from the side of the computer, although this is not present when the Intel card is being used (the white screen appears no matter what I'm doing or which graphics card is being used). 

I like this laptop but these are really too many problems. I bought this as a replacement for another laptop as I'm a student who really urgently needs to use a computer. Is lenovo going to fix this??

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 881
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo Yoga 710 Screen turns white

I didn't see or respond to your first thread, but the temperatures (42C idle and 65C gaming) see normal.  85C or 90C is a high temperature under load but not temperatures in the 60's.  (Most CPUs, desktop or laptop, have thermal shutdown when a CPU hits about 105C.)  The thread said to contact support and gave you a support document to reference for fan noise.  Your fans would be running when your temperatures are in the 60's, but not at high speed.  Did you do that?  I didn't mark it solved, but if I read the questions and the response, I would have thought the issue was solved, although someone should have said that 65 was OK.  If you had posted back and support couldn't find the support document, that would have meant that it wasn't solved.

Regarding the white screen,  you are going to need to contact support for warranty repair.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
theshaikhu
Fanfold Paper
Views: 854
Message 3 of 4

I definitely don't think anyone would call that solved. I was told to contact support if my fan issue was one of the three issues listed (which, if my post had actually been read, it would be clear that I had already updated BIOS and that my unit is a 15 IKB not a 15 IKS) but I'd hardly call that a solution. 

Had I been told that those temps were normal by someone actually from Lenovo, I would have accepted that as a solution. Furthermore, it's clear that there is an issue with the computer noise because the whirring noise it makes is not normal (and to clarify, this is not a 15 IKS). 

Highlighted
theshaikhu
Fanfold Paper
Views: 853
Message 4 of 4

It's also pretty ridiculous that these are issues happening on a 10 day old laptop.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors