Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ivan151
Paper Tape
Views: 3,121
Message 1 of 6

Lenovo Yoga 710 - the worse laptop keyboard ever

Hi!

I bought this one 2  days ago and I'm amazed how bad the keyboard is. Just check the video:

https://youtu.be/n4oN6H3x2nQ

The keyboard actually doesn't match the photos: enter key is weird form and there are two \ keys. Space key sticks depending on which part of it you click. It also makes a weird noise. Definitely not the quality you expect from a premium model.

I would actually be happy to return it, but I'm in another country for a while so looks like I'm in trouble. This is the second Yoga I have, but seems that I will never buy a Lenovo again.

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 3,101
Message 2 of 6

Re: Lenovo Yoga 710 - the worse laptop keyboard ever

Yeah, you see a lot of complaings about those keyboards, they are trying to make them too thin in you ask me.

I would return it if you do not like it, even if you have to pay shipping.   The Thinkpad line have much better keyboards, and in my opionion are far more durable too.

Good Luck,

Ivan151
Paper Tape
Views: 3,077
Message 3 of 6

I called the Lenovo service in the country where I am now (Russia) and they refused to help me, saying there is no international warranty. They suggested to pay them to fix it. Insane!

Meanwhile, the space problem gets worse. In the video I had to press it 5-6 times before it sticks, now it sticks every single time I press it. However, when the laptop is not used for a while and gets colder, it works better for first 10-15 minutes.

This is a real disappointment in Lenovo brand.

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 3,073
Message 4 of 6

Yeah, it is very disappointing that the keyboards are so bad these days.  IBM used to be known for having the best keyboards out there, but with the goal of making them so thin, Lenovos keyboard are becoming as bad, or worse, than the rest of them, except for their Thinkpad line which are pretty good, but still, in my opinion, are not as good as the older ones.   But then again, the older ones were pretty thick and heavy.    

I think that laptop manufacturers have lost sight that some people actually still type, and want a good quality keyboard,not some paper thin one with no response or feedback.

Good luck, I feel your pain.

DSS1
What's DOS?
Views: 2,794
Message 5 of 6

I bought the Yoga 710 two days ago and returned it today. It was a beautiful computer except for one MAJOR flaw: Lenovo decided to make the up, left , and right arrows bigger. To make room for the enlarged up arrow they made the right shift key into a little stub. The luxuriosuly long shift bar as usual was turned into a tiny little key that I could never hit in a million years. I ended up hitting the up arrow instead of shift 75% of the time.   I don't use the left shift key, only the right one. Sorry, couldn't use this computer in a million years.  I guess I would highly recommend it to anone who only uses the left shift key. But if you use the right shift key, this computer is not for you.

alceryes
Token Ring
Views: 2,770
Message 6 of 6

The keys will be different depending on what version of keyboard layout you get. My US version has the regular larger 'shift' and 'enter' keys and my space bar has never stuck.
Did you get it new or used? Where did you purchase it from? The company who sold it to you should definitely fix the space bar sticking.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors