Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mswck
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,864
Message 11 of 16

Re: Lenovo Yoga 720 (13") - Slow Wifi!

That sucks.  Here's the string from the Intel fourm.  Maybe they can help you out there.  I had been using a Type C to Ethernet adaptor to get connectivity before.  Now I'm free of the cord.  

https://communities.intel.com/thread/116008

lxchin
Paper Tape
Views: 3,508
Message 12 of 16

thanks, i followed the instructions and reinstalled the lenovo drivers. It doubled the speed. I did restart the computer after deleting the old driver which I didn't after installing the lntel newer driver. Maybe that was the reason why it didn't work in the first instance. Oh well lets see what happens.

thanks!

hisnameisbill
What's DOS?
Views: 3,014
Message 13 of 16

New_user3
Paper Tape
Views: 2,912
Message 14 of 16

Hello,

I am also experiencing some troubles in my new Yoga 720-13IIKB. Since the begining, wifi was getting connected randomly. When not able to connect, wifi did not recognize any network, wile my previous Asus that has 10 years, my telephone and my iPad were connected and having internet without problems. When wifi was missing, the device was also missing (or hidden) in Windows device manager (it is like if was self-disconnected!)

I have tried the following actions:

- uninstalling  and reinstalling  the drivers downloaded from Lenovo page (wich are not the last ones) in the device manager.

- uninstalling  and reinstalling  the drivers from Intel page (version 20.0.2.3)

- "Reset the network" from Windows configuration: according to Windows, this action will remove all the connections and the controllers and put them back after restart

- Configure Wifi device in Windows PowerShell:

netsh interface ipv4 set subinterface "Wi-Fi" mtu=1400 store=persistent
Disable-NetAdapterRsc -Name Wi-Fi.

Matisse180
What's DOS?
Views: 1,264
Message 15 of 16

Not sure if this helps but I added the Lenovo Active pen 2. This requires Bluetooth. After adding the pen the WiFi was very slow. I tracked the issue down to a setting in the Bluetooth icon:

• Show Bluetooth Devices
  • Show notifications to connect using Swift Pair

When the 'Show notifications to connect using Swift Pair' is checked the WiFi is slow and speeds up when not checked.

Not sure if this helps but it is how we resolved the issue. 

Twinpawer
What's DOS?
Views: 892
Message 16 of 16

Since there does not seem to be a proper resolution to this - I found this article which solved my issue - http://aungmyat.co.uk/lenovo-yoga-laptop-slow-internet-fix/  Basically, the issue was that Windows 10 was putting the wifi device on low-power saving.  As a side note, the laptop shows as 'Plugged in, Not Charging' even when charging - hence Windows could detect it as it is on battery even when it is actually plugged in.  I changed both 'ON Battery' and 'Plugged In' to high performance for the Balanced power savings plan, and it worked brilliantly. Kudos to the original author of the article.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors