Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
boxybear
What's DOS?
Views: 310
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Yoga 720 13IKB 0% not charging, BIOS update won't run

My laptop is only 1 year old and just ran out of warranty 10 days ago. I'm still going to call and see what they can do because my battery is completely drained, will not hold a bit of charge. I tried different outlets, nothing. I am plugged into the right charging port. Lenovo Vantage says my battery health is poor. I did not run any updates prior to this happening. I just ran every update except the BIOS which is not allowing me to since my battery is at 0% and requires a greater than 30% charge for safety. I do not know what I can do other than buy a new battery and try it out. Is this a BIOS issue or a battery issue? My battery was completely fine and I was just using the laptop a few hours ago. I put it to sleep and came back to it completely drained and not able to charge at all. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Highlighted
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 261
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo Yoga 720 13IKB 0% not charging, BIOS update won't run

I cannot be sure, but the problem is VERY likely to be just a bad battery.  Most last longer than a year, but some do not.  BIOS update will not run with a battery that is dead.  If it were mine, I would buy a battery.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors